Julia Louis-Dreyfus, as Elaine Benes, funniest female character on television ever?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The Mrs. and I are watching Seinfeld together and now that we're in our mid-30's the show is ridiculously funny and relevant to us. I'd always watch it as a kid when it was sandwiched inbetween reruns of the Simpsons and King of the Hill on Fox. I liked it even then but i couldn't fully understand what I was seeing. Now that I'm older the genius of this show is coming through.

JLD's Elaine is IMO a perfect comedic performance. She's 1) Hilarious 2) Relatable and 3) balances out Jerry, George, and Kramer flawlessly. I'm struggling to think of a better female comedic performance on tv.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The more you watch Seinfeld the more you realize how much of a genius she was.

Her performance gets better with age and she is the most underrated character on the show by far.

Reactions: Stringer Bell

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The Mrs. and I are watching Seinfeld together and now that we're in our mid-30's the show is ridiculously funny and relevant to us. I'd always watch it as a kid when it was sandwiched inbetween reruns of the Simpsons and King of the Hill on Fox. I liked it even then but i couldn't fully understand what I was seeing. Now that I'm older the genius of this show is coming through.

JLD's Elaine is IMO a perfect comedic performance. She's 1) Hilarious 2) Relatable and 3) balances out Jerry, George, and Kramer flawlessly. I'm struggling to think of a better female comedic performance on tv.

It fell off the further it went on, but the first couple seasons of Rebecca on Cheers is right up there. She was the perfect comedic foil to the guys

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Maybe it’s just my negative feelings on Seinfeld as a whole but I liked someone like Leslie Knope or Liz Lemon or Eleanor Shelstrop more than Elaine.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
My vote goes to the Crushinator

1692910388647.gif

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Can't stand her. She is up there as one of the most annoying characters on TV.

Roz from Frasier.

Reactions: Hierso and montreal

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
To be honest, I've never really found Elaine funny. Of course, I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't find the show all that funny, either.

For me, the funniest female TV character may be Betty White's Rose Nylund on The Golden Girls. Everything that came out of her mouth was a riot.

archangel2

May 19, 2019

didn't you start this thread a couple of years ago?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad