GDT: Juicy Lucy Mild vs. Rocky Mountain Oysterlanche, Preseason Gm.3, 1am London

Final Score Tonight

• Total voters

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
So it sounds like tufts was 3/7 on the dots? 1 goal. That’s about the only thing I heard from tonight’s game. Any of you hardcore fellas got any insures. I couldn’t really listen tonight. :/

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
IMG_3404.png

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
MacPunchy is thinking thank goodness someone is here to do my usual job. Preseason is when I work on my skillz.
For all the crap we give McDermid, his instincts aren't bad. It's just he's so damn slow it makes no difference. If he had NHL speed, I actually think he'd be a real menace for folks on our 4th line. But as it is, you just can't plan on him being able to play the body because he so damn slow. He really can't hammer folks unless he's committing a penalty of some sort (charging, boarding) or gets "lucky" and someone doesn't see him coming...but in those rare cases, I've also seen him play the puck, or attempt to, instead of committing murder in front of women and children.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
For all the crap we give McDermid, his instincts aren't bad. It's just he's so damn slow it makes no difference. If he had NHL speed, I actually think he'd be a real menace for folks on our 4th line. But as it is, you just can't plan on him being able to play the body because he so damn slow. He really can't hammer folks unless he's committing a penalty of some sort (charging, boarding) or gets "lucky" and someone doesn't see him coming...but in those rare cases, I've also seen him play the puck, or attempt to, instead of committing murder in front of women and children.
Very fair points. I think on the 4th line only he's minimizing the damage he does to the team. I do admit most of the OMG moments where he's cost the team have been trying to play D. Being a zero impact guy playing 7-8 minutes a game when other guys are hurt won't make much difference. Still wish the Avs didn't waste the spot on guys like this, I'd rather see young guys or waiver pickups get the limited minutes.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Kessey got lucky there. Out of his weight class and you could tell early he was pretty outmatched.

Caught that second punch Middleton threw right on the nose/cheek. Snapped his head to the side. Middleton graciously seemed to hold up a bit after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad