98.5 The Sports Hub Judd Sirott Named Play-By-Play Announcer For Bruins

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
I didn't mind his call today, but he certainly didn't compare to his predecessor. Can't really fault him for that. When Gouch called the game, I felt like I could see it playing out in my mind.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Dave Goucher is one of the best PXP announcers in hockey, period. We've been spoiled to have him & before him, Bob Wilson (with a few years of Bob Neumeier in-between) on radio.

Judd's not going to be Dave Goucher, but he's a solid broadcaster.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CHAD FINN | SPORTS MEDIA
For Judd Sirott, calling Bruins on the radio is a dream job

Sirott was on a couch at a friend’s house in Los Angeles when he got an e-mail with the news that Bruins play-by-play voice Dave Goucher got the job as television play-by-play voice in Vegas. When the family returned home to Chicago, he made a few calls. Turns out through that close-knit hockey community that he had more ties to Boston than his résumé might suggest.

“I called up Bob Beers and Andy Brickley,’’ said Sirott, referring to the Bruins’ radio and TV color analysts. “I got to know them a little bit when they were at the end of their playing careers with the Utah Grizzlies.”

Beers, with whom he is now working, and Brickley had great things to say about the job and the situation, so he applied.

There were still more connections. Billy Jaffe, an analyst on NESN’s Bruins telecasts, attended Michigan with Sirott and was a groomsman in his wedding.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Listened to most of the game. Not a fan. Maybe we were spoiled with Gouch.
I agree. He gets very excited over minor plays I can see in my mind as being not overly exciting. His voice is decent for non-live action commentary but it isn't great during live play.

I like to crank up the radio during the games but he has me turning it down instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad