98.5 The Sports Hub Judd Sirott Named Play-By-Play Announcer For Bruins

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
There’s a new radio voice of the Boston Bruins.

98.5 The Sports Hub, the official flagship station of the Bruins, announced Wednesday that Judd Sirott has been named the new radio play-by-play voice for the B’s. Sirott will join analyst Bob Beers in the booth to provide in-depth coverage of every Bruins game, starting with Thursday night’s season opener against the Nashville Predators.

“We are very excited to have someone with the exceptional reputation and experience that Judd has, join our team at The Sports Hub and call the Boston Bruins games on the radio,” said Mike Thomas, Vice President of Programming, CBS RADIO Boston & Vice President, Sports Programming, CBS RADIO.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/10/...-sirott-play-by-play-98-5-the-sports-hub-nhl/

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I mostly knew him as the fifth inning play by play for Cubs broadcasts when Pat Hughes took his breaks. Nothing to really hate or love, but nothing really memorable positively or negatively. Just a safe, vanilla play by play choice. Best of luck to him, at the very least you shouldn't hate the guy.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I'm sure he's fine. I liked Johnson better, but not a big deal to me personally since I don't listen to the games anymore and NHL.tv doesn't allow you to select audio like MLB.tv does.

But back in the day... Would not have been happy listening to 60+ games with his voice

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I mostly knew him as the fifth inning play by play for Cubs broadcasts when Pat Hughes took his breaks. Nothing to really hate or love, but nothing really memorable positively or negatively. Just a safe, vanilla play by play choice. Best of luck to him, at the very least you shouldn't hate the guy.

I sense he saw no future at the once mighty WGN Radio which is a shell of what it used to be.

His uncle is Chicago broadcast royalty and must be hard for him to leave the area.

Chicago is the only major market where sports is primarily on AM ( The Bears simulcast on both AM and FM) but all the other teams are still AM only as are the 2 sports stations in the market. I am taking an educated guess that CBS Radio (soon to be Entercom) might be parking him in Boston until something opens up in play by play at WSCR. ( Pat Hughes is getting close to retirement ) .

I also suspect that Bob Beers had a lot of say on who he felt comfortable with.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Will still listen to 98.5 with the TV mute...it only takes about 5 minutes until I'm yelling at JE to shut up...

I've been watching more and more sports broadcasts in general without sound. I throw the headphones on instead or mute the announcers and watch with just the crowd noise.

I can't deal with how loud the commercials are and the constant nonsense between plays/whistles for whatever stupid show is coming soon on NESN or CBS.

Reactions: eightspokedb

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What's wrong with Fenway? ;)
I like Fenway lol - I learn a lot from him

No disrespect to Judd but I don't know him and am a Ryan Johnston fan

My favorite Cubs player growing up was Ron Santo - he was my guy growing up and a slight tick ahead of Billy Williams

I would have to oook it up but I believe the 1962? Cubs finished behind the expansion Colt 45s later renamed the Astros

What's amazing (if true) is the Cubs started 4 future HOF in their 20's

Reactions: Aja

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad