JT Miller question

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Reminds me a lot of post injury Crosby. Doesn't have that young high end speed or pitbull like motor, but the skating, passing, possession, shooting and general playmaking are all top notch.

Of course he's also a bigger dude and can punch people real gud.

Reactions: Pantokrator

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
If based on my previous posts,
He’s a locker room cancer whos also a crybaby and should’ve been sent to the moon.

In reality, a damn good 90point player who can play wing and centre with no weakness in his game aside from occasional dumb plays but that has gone down significantly under Tocchet.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If based on my previous posts,
He’s a locker room cancer whos also a crybaby and should’ve been sent to the moon.

In reality, a damn good 90point player who can play wing and centre with no weakness in his game aside from occasional dumb plays but that has gone down significantly under Tocchet.
Miller has matured so much in recent seasons.....maybe it's becoming a family man and establishing roots in Vancouver. But he's so much more of a locker-room leader these days, and in a positive way.

I had doubts about signing him to a long term contract instead of Horvat, but no doubts now. His is one contact for a post-30 year old player that will age well.

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
Locker room cancer that doesn’t get along with Boeser was the thinking 3 seasons ago.

But thats changed now I guess…

The only thing we know for certain is that it was an ok trade in terms of value paid, but it was the wrong time to make the trade.
"OK" trade in terms of value paid????
That trade is an absolute steal for the Canucks.

And as for timing - with Miller being the player he's been during is time in Vancouver, would you honestly go back and undo it? That would be insane.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You can see it on and off the ice. Miller has emerged as one of the leaders on this team. In terms of maturity and discipline, this player has come miles since he arrived in Vancouver.

And the bonus.....he's hanging tough in the top-five of the NHL scoring race. His combination of offense and truculence, as Burkie liked to call it, is basically irreplaceable.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
You can see it on and off the ice. Miller has emerged as one of the leaders on this team. In terms of maturity and discipline, this player has come miles since he arrived in Vancouver.

And the bonus.....he's hanging tough in the top-five of the NHL scoring race. His combination of offense and truculence, as Burkie liked to call it, is basically irreplaceable.
Special combination of right place, right time and right coach.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

And as for timing - with Miller being the player he's been during is time in Vancouver, would you honestly go back and undo it? That would be insane.
Agreed..it’s a nonsense comment..The stark reality is that JT Miller was only available at that time and place ..its not like he would have been available when it was convenient to us..We got him for years on a steal of a contract, and even with his new one..Its still paying massive dividends.

If that trade was never made, he'd be a star on another team...I highly doubt that a mid 1st (alone) would have yielded that quality down the road..

With the core group of Demko,Hughes,Boeser,Pettersson, Horvat (at the time)..Miller was the final big piece.

Last edited:
Reactions: TropicOfNoReturn

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Sooo, do people read threads? or just skim them, taking in as little information as possible until they find something to react to?

Nah f*** it, Ill just double down, its more funny. we should have kept Horvat

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Winger being deployed as a center.

I think it's more a stronger, 2way C with high end passing ability (which is utilized better at C as well), that makes for an even better winger when allowed to forecheck freely. He's both, but a shade better at wing.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
One of my faves. Who ended up being the picks that went to Tampa
1707363845332.png

I looked it up out of curiousity, figured I'd post it here to save you folks some time.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I think it's more a stronger, 2way C with high end passing ability (which is utilized better at C as well), that makes for an even better winger when allowed to forecheck freely. He's both, but a shade better at wing.
JT is sooo much better as a C. His play as a W got him traded twice, and in the brief time he spent on Bo's W last season, most wanted him traded again.

He's passive as a winger, needs that head to head match up, and to be the guy below the goal line.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
a guy that no one can figure out for the longest time. I heard he's not worth Braden Schneider and a 1st, yet he's been one of the most productive Canucks of all time. A bozo of the greatest calibre.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
JT is sooo much better as a C. His play as a W got him traded twice, and in the brief time he spent on Bo's W last season, most wanted him traded again.

He's passive as a winger, needs that head to head match up, and to be the guy below the goal line.

Well, he could be below the offensive goal line more often as a winger, but I get what you're saying. Fair points.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Have we contended for a single second with Miller on the team?

I think we are finally legit contender this year. But before this year, the trade made zero sense. Making us slightly less awful while rebuilding isn't helpful in any way.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I think we are finally legit contender this year. But before this year, the trade made zero sense. Making us slightly less awful while rebuilding isn't helpful in any way.
Lol..absolute nonsense..why have anybody any good on the team until we're a legit contender then.?...90 point 1C's are not available at the snap of a finger...Elite players are elite players, you get them on your team where and whenever you possibly can.

The same core group that we're leading the league with right now is the same core group we had when we traded for the guy.....The only difference is we have a management group that knows how to put a cohesive team together.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

So by your own accounting, we have one season of contention with him and would likely have zero years without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad