Votes: 117 49.8%
  • Even

Votes: 11 4.7%

• Total voters

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
as someone who dislikes both the players and their laundry more or less equally, my vote is Miller, although not by a lot. Eichel has him on speed, and maybe on hockey IQ, but Miller has the better hands, basically never gets hurt, and is much better at using his size to put the puck in the back of the net.

that said, Miller having a dud of a playoff (or even a relative "just ok" run of something like 7 points in 10 games) would put a lot more shine on Eichel's case for being the best because he delivers when it matters most.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
Miller is having a better season, Eichel has had better seasons in the past. Eichel is younger and has more upside so him.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
JT Miller is one of the most underrated players in the league. He's at least as good as Eichel and can definitely match up against top lines. Whatever perceived edge Eichel has mostly comes on the back of last year's playoff performance.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
If I changed my vote to “even” right now it’d be a self-fulfilling decision. Whoa man. I hold so much power right now.

I did it. The universe is in balance once more.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Ugh, Vancouver fan here.

When you think about it, its like, the whole point of all of this, or any of this, is to win the cup.
If Eichel hadn't freakin led his team to a cup with 26 points, i'd Pick JT.MILLER. however. nothing Miller does matters if he doesnt lead the way when it counts. Now, Miller did have a very good playoffs during the lockout year scoring over a PPG. So that isnt nothing...but it isnt stanley cup finals.
So i think you almost have to pick Eichel.
HOWEVER, that being said, i do think that most people outside of Vancouver don't really appreciate how good Miller is. Guy is a beast... he hits, he will fight, he scores, he's a top faceoff guy, and he puts up tons of points and is CONSISTENT. In the last five years he's a 90 point player when averaging out games vs points. that's insane.
To score at a 90 point pace over FIVE years... pretty remarkable. especially considering the gritty toughness and other things he brings.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I made this poll literally almost 365 days ago between the two players and results were identical. Amazing that it's still deadlocked here now!

I take Miller still, but Eichel was a force and IMO the worthy playoff MVP in 2023.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Ugh, Vancouver fan here.

When you think about it, its like, the whole point of all of this, or any of this, is to win the cup.
If Eichel hadn't freakin led his team to a cup with 26 points, i'd Pick JT.MILLER. however. nothing Miller does matters if he doesnt lead the way when it counts. Now, Miller did have a very good playoffs during the lockout year scoring over a PPG. So that isnt nothing...but it isnt stanley cup finals.
So i think you almost have to pick Eichel.
HOWEVER, that being said, i do think that most people outside of Vancouver don't really appreciate how good Miller is. Guy is a beast... he hits, he will fight, he scores, he's a top faceoff guy, and he puts up tons of points and is CONSISTENT. In the last five years he's a 90 point player when averaging out games vs points. that's insane.
To score at a 90 point pace over FIVE years... pretty remarkable. especially considering the gritty toughness and other things he brings.

Next up, Marchessault vs. Pettersson. We all know who you're voting for!

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
id take Petey

Sooo..

If Eichel hadn't freakin led his team to a cup with 26 points, i'd Pick JT.MILLER

Marchessault sure also led his team to the cup by winning the Conn Smythe. Isn't the point to win the cup? Or does that just apply to Eichel?

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
I think Jack is more talented but I can't choose the guy with 153 points spread across the past 4 seasons over the guy pacing for 100+ points this year alone.

Jack can't stay healthy or produce for sustained periods. Even when in the lineup he "only" hovers around PPG.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Eichel's best season had him finish 10th in points, 8th in goals and 9th in GPG. He's never finished top 10 in any offensive category again, and believe it or not, doesn't have another season finishing within the top 20 in points.

Miller's best point finishes are 6th (current season) and 9th. He has another 17th scoring finish in 2019.

If he maintains his current pace by the end of the year, it will be a better season than anything Eichel has done, while already having an additional season (2021-22) comparable to Eichel's best. Either way, Miller has been the better offensive player for at least 3 years now.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Sooo..

If Eichel hadn't freakin led his team to a cup with 26 points, i'd Pick JT.MILLER

Marchessault sure also led his team to the cup by winning the Conn Smythe. Isn't the point to win the cup? Or does that just apply to Eichel?
ya but at some point individual traits stats and skills overtake playoff historical performance

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
When they’re both playing, it’s very close. People go for the name in Eichel, but Miller has absolutely been on the same level as him this year to the point that it’s really about who do you prefer and you can flip a coin to determine that. Then you factor in health, surprised this is as close as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad