• Miller

Votes: 117 49.8%
  • Even

Votes: 11 4.7%

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Eichel if he’s healthy but Canucks couldn’t afford Miller to miss the games Eichel has

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I’ll go with the Miller as he has put up 1.1 points per game over the last 5 years compared to Eichel’s 0.99.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
That and like does everyone forget last year where Canucks fans were saying he's the worst defensive player they've ever seen

His defensive issues were always about effort/focus. He’s been much better under Tocchet. Though I don’t believe he’s capable of the level Eichel showed in the playoffs

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
On top of JT being clearly the better player, he has also missed a grand total of zero games from injury as a Canuck.

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
Eichel had a great postseason last year but that seems to be an outlier; 135 points in 144 games as a Knight.

Also, he can’t stay healthy

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
As we wait 3 months and see Vancouver scrambling to line match him away from McDavid at all costs haha
Miller is capable of handling McDavid. He's been that good.

You act like Eichel is some selke level 2 way beast that can shut down McDavid and outperform him offensively without help from his team mates.

Eichel's one year of post season performance is getting him very overrated rn which is arguably an outlier.

Eichel easily lmao. Especially in the playoffs.
"Easily"
Which is hilarious given Miller has been the better player for 5 years on hand.
One year of post season where Miller didn't have the chance to play in it, doesn't change that.

Reactions: Voight

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
That and like does everyone forget last year where Canucks fans were saying he's the worst defensive player they've ever seen
Every fanbase has idiots.
JT has been shutting down top lines all season. He used to have lapses but those are gone but he's never been bad defensely.
Jack had one good round, JT held his own against #97 and dominated this year.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Since joining the Canucks, Miller is 14th in PPG, league wide.

Eichel is 30th during that same time period.

I'm using PPG because it's the metric that favors Eichel, who has missed tons of time.

In raw numbers, Miller is 10th in actual scoring during that time period, while Eichel is 92nd.

Eichel's best finish was 10th in league scoring, while Miller's best finish was 9th. Miller is also tied for 6th in scoring this season.

Offensively, Miller is clearly better.

Defensively, Miller has been very good this season. On Pettersson's level defensively.

Eichel also had a great defensive playoff run that ended in a Cup, so not taking anything away from him there.

I think Eichel is a fine choice, but for me it's Miller.

It's definitely close, good poll OP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad