JT Miller is truly a generational all time guy

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
He demands control. He takes what he wants. He gets what he wants. The guy can hit. The guy can shoot. He can score. He can make plays. He can skate. He has never lost a fight. He plays like a man. He is virile, some might say even girthy. He’s a tank. He’s a king amongst men. He overwhelms goalies. He doesn’t quit on plays. He scores some big goals. He is unwavering. Simply put, he is unmatchable.

IMG_5190.jpeg

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Love hearing the JT Miller chants. It's been changing this season, but as a fanbase we've been criminally unappreciative of #9.

I get why:
>who acquired him
>when the deal was made
>acquisition cost
>most of us assumed he'd be playing this contract in a new jersey
>some poor body language/work habits at times
>personality could be a bit pouty and prickly at times
>bit of a red neck vibe that got interpreted as a bit of a MAGA vibe

I can say most of those apply to me. Add in his good individual seasons not leading to much team success, and I just couldn't allow myself to commit emotionally to this player.

Now, how do you not just love the man? He's not the best player we've ever had; heck he's probably not even the best player on this roster. But we've never had a player that brings the package JT Milller packs.

Truly a 1 of 1. Not just a unicorn, but a damn girthy one at that.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
He demands control. He takes what he wants. He gets what he wants. The guy can hit. The guy can shoot. He can score. He can make plays. He can skate. He has never lost a fight. He plays like a man. He is virile, some might say even girthy. He’s a tank. He’s a king amongst men. He overwhelms goalies. He doesn’t quit on plays. He scores some big goals. He is unwavering. Simply put, he is unmatchable.

View attachment 840773
yes.jpg

Hell yes.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Best power forward in the NHL.

Just for reference, here are the hits totals for the top 15 NHL scorers :

Kucherov - 38
Mackinnon - 51
McDavid - 103
Panarin - 16
Pastrnak - 60
Rantanen - 47
Nylander - 26
Draisaitl - 46
Matthews - 76
Miller - 192
Pettersson - 109
Hughes - 24
Point - 14
Reinhart - 54
Aho - 40

He's literally sitting at nearly double the next guy who is Pettersson. Has double the hits of Mackinnon and Rantanen combined.

Nobody else in the NHL combines size, talent, and physicality the way JT Miller does right now.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

Kucherov - 38
Mackinnon - 51
McDavid - 103
Panarin - 16
Pastrnak - 60
Rantanen - 47
Nylander - 26
Draisaitl - 46
Matthews - 76
Miller - 192
Pettersson - 109
Hughes - 24
Point - 14
Reinhart - 54
Aho - 40

He's literally sitting at nearly double the next guy who is Pettersson. Has double the hits of Mackinnon and Rantanen combined.

Nobody else in the NHL combines size, talent, and physicality the way JT Miller does right now.
do they count mcdavid's push offs as hits?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Last 5 yrs for forwards NHL .....Miller vs the top20 scorers .............Canucks

11th in Pts (389)......................11th........................1st (1st in PpG also 1.10)
49th in +/- (+40).....................13th........................2nd (Pettersson +52)
17th in Hits (778)......................1st.........................1st by a mile
only B.Tkachuk and T.Wilson have more who would be considered top6

33rd in blocked shots...............3rd------..............2nd
23rd in Takeaways....................9th.........................1st
19th in GWG (25)......................11th........................1st (tied with Pettersson)
5th in OT GWG (9)....................1st.........................1st
5th in SHpts (16)......................3rd.........................1st
18th Faceoff%..........................2nd........................1st
8 SO goals
18pts in 17 playoff games

It's actually pretty insane when you start comparing him to the top F's in the game how versatile physically dominant and clutch he has been. All for 8million

We are very lucky to have JT Miller

Last edited:

rea

Feb 8, 2011

Kucherov - 38
Mackinnon - 51
McDavid - 103
Panarin - 16
Pastrnak - 60
Rantanen - 47
Nylander - 26
Draisaitl - 46
Matthews - 76
Miller - 192
Pettersson - 109
Hughes - 24
Point - 14
Reinhart - 54
Aho - 40

Have to say it's pretty surprising to see ep as the 2nd highest on this list. Never woulda been my answer in a trivia game lol. Off topic, but shows he's working to be a more complete player. Now back to your jt Miller programing, as you were 🤭

Reactions: supercanuck

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Kucherov - 38
Mackinnon - 51
McDavid - 103
Panarin - 16
Pastrnak - 60
Rantanen - 47
Nylander - 26
Draisaitl - 46
Matthews - 76
Miller - 192
Pettersson - 109
Hughes - 24
Point - 14
Reinhart - 54
Aho - 40

Ya but you still think it’s a terrible trade because of timing. :sarcasm:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ya but you still think it’s a terrible trade because of timing. :sarcasm:

I had no problems with the timing or the target. My issue was was the risk of trading 1st round picks when we were a bottom 5-ish team in the league.

Also you wouldn't think someone who spent 9 years as a cheerleader for Jim Benning would be doing callbacks to that era, but I guess not, ,

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
I know a couple people that still talk about the Miller acquisition as a bad trade. Mind boggling.

It has the potential to be Stojanov for Naslund historic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad