JT Miller Hit VS Tom Wilson Hit

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Exactly my point, why would Trotz lie? I mean no reason whatsoever. It's not like they were trying to protect him or anything. The only thing missing was Sarah Huckabee Sanders on the podium making a statement to make us all believe it. I mean it is Washington and all.
Right, but with this mindset you've already made up your mind, nothing Washington could do could convince you otherwise. I mean like even if you were to show you the video where you can see Tom Wilson sitting solemnly on the bench, then Jay Beagle skate up to him, say something, Wilson laugh, and then skate away.... because that's literally what they showed in the game.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Right, but with this mindset you've already made up your mind, nothing Washington could do could convince you otherwise. I mean like even if you were to show you the video where you can see Tom Wilson sitting solemnly on the bench, then Jay Beagle skate up to him, say something, Wilson laugh, and then skate away.... because that's literally what they showed in the game.
I would have felt better if the goon did not aim directly at ZAR's head in the first place. The other hit was clean.

PucksOnNet

Nov 12, 2017
I'm guessing you and those that liked this comment are the first to whine about player safety when its a member of your team. Embarrassing childish statement and completely inappropriate for anyone to like.

This hit was well within the rules.

Please step down from your high horse and stop attempting to come across as virtuous on an internet forum.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I would have felt better if the goon did not aim directly at ZAR's head in the first place. The other hit was clean.
Ok... but how is that relevant to what we're discussing regarding the laughing incident?

I mean... is the gameplan to just circle back to "BWAH HE'S A GOON!" in the face of direct evidence related to another topic?

Zero Requiem

Only death is eternal
Jul 3, 2014
so is cheese a national currency in your strange reality that has nothing to do with facts or evidence?

Not sure what you're on about, if Wilson had been the one who made that hit on Backes he would've been suspended for multiple games.

Hopefully Wilson manages to hit Miller the way he hit ZAR, if not even harder.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Wilson was punished for a hard legal hit, what's the difference?
You can't blame Wilson for not being a manlet.

Without weighing in on the Wilson hit (because I've only seen one replay and don't have an opinion), how does that justify wanting to see Kucherov pay for his hit. There's wanting consistency and then there's pettiness.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
This hit was well within the rules.

Please step down from your high horse and stop attempting to come across as virtuous on an internet forum.

I didn't say it was illegal, I simply struggle with anyone making fun of an injured player. If someone is knocked out with a legal hit, its still not acceptable to mock the player in my opinion. If you consider that a high horse you might be riding a little to close to the ground on your horse in my opinion.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Everyone keeps saying watch out for Wilson head hunting. Does this guy have a history of knocking players out and injuring them besides the hit he made on the guy from Pittsburgh?

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Ok... but how is that relevant to what we're discussing regarding the laughing incident?

I mean... is the gameplan to just circle back to "BWAH HE'S A GOON!" in the face of direct evidence related to another topic?
I really do not care what the goon was laughing at, he tries to hurt players(not hit them) and obviously has no conscience about it. OTOH, people are still calling it clean a clean hit, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Everyone keeps saying watch out for Wilson head hunting. Does this guy have a history of knocking players out and injuring them besides the hit he made on the guy from Pittsburgh?
The hit he was suspended for was his second headshot of the series, so... honest mistake?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad