Proposal: JT Miller @ 50% retained for?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They’re 4 points out of a playoff spot? It’s not that crazy that they could make the playoffs.
Screenshot_20220223-110558_Chrome.jpg
They're not in good shape at all. They could make it, but I wouldn't bet on it.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
They've been playing the best hockey out of the Edmonton, LA, Anaheim, Van and Dallas group. Since Boudreau became coach the Canucks are 16-7-4...
Yes but since their 7g win streak after Boudreau took over they are 9-7-4. Not that great.

I am not disagreeing with you so much as just pointing out that they came back down to earth. They are in that situation that they have to decide between selling, buying or even status quo.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yes but since their 7g win streak after Boudreau took over they are 9-7-4. Not that great.

I am not disagreeing with you so much as just pointing out that they came back down to earth. They are in that situation that they have to decide between selling, buying or even status quo.

So exclude 25% and they are sucking again! ;)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

6-3-1 in their last 10. That’s pretty good. Especially considering how poorly Anaheim and Edmonton have been.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
6-3-1 in their last 10. That’s pretty good. Especially considering how poorly Anaheim and Edmonton have been.
Yeah not bad. All I'm saying is we are a bit early to know exactly which team the Canucks are under Boudreau. Which stat is the most accurate? Hench's, mine, or yours? IMO they need more time before the TDL to see what they are.

Reactions: zcaptain

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah not bad. All I'm saying is we are a bit early to know exactly which team the Canucks are under Boudreau. Which stat is the most accurate? Hench's, mine, or yours? IMO they need more time before the TDL to see what they are.
For sure. I just see how it’s that ludicrous to think the Canucks could make the playoffs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No but context matter and numbers can always be manipulated.

If you exclude the Avs' streak, they are pretty average too... The Canucks eye test wise have the look of a top 5 team in the West since BB came in. If they weren't one of the worst teams prior to December, they'd be comfortably in the playoff picture right now.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If you exclude the Avs' streak, they are pretty average too... The Canucks eye test wise have the look of a top 5 team in the West since BB came in. If they weren't one of the worst teams prior to December, they'd be comfortably in the playoff picture right now.
If you don't see a difference between the two then I think I'm done here.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If you don't see a difference between the two then I think I'm done here.
I’m making a point… you can’t pick and choose. Prior to BB they were terrible… since he came in, they look like a legit playoff team. A few points out and playing the best hockey of the group for 2+ months matters.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I’m making a point… you can’t pick and choose. Prior to BB they were terrible… since he came in, they look like a legit playoff team. A few points out and playing the best hockey of the group for 2+ months matters.
Again I never said they weren't a legit playoff team. I was making a point myself. My point was exactly the type you yourself would make against somebody else if the team would be the Avs. I didn't pick more than you do very often. They are playing better but it is still a fact that their record is average since their streak. Using the Avs streak was just silly.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Going to the personal attack I see...
How is this a personal attack? I am just making a point that if somebody would have posted that the Avs were doing great after a coaching changed you would have been the first in line to say to cool it for a bit and see how it plays out due to the record I posted. You picked a starting point for your record which was the coaching change. I used a starting point for my record which was the end of their initial streak after a coaching change. You bring up boost from a coaching change all the time. Not a personal attack...just a fact.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
How is this a personal attack? I am just making a point that if somebody would have posted that the Avs were doing great after a coaching changed you would have been the first in line to say to cool it for a bit and see how it plays out due to the record I posted. You picked a starting point for your record which was the coaching change. I used a starting point for my record which was the end of their initial streak after a coaching change. You bring up boost from a coaching change all the time. Not a personal attack...just a fact.

I deleted, but you were attacking how I post and my character behind it. Basically stating I was being a hypocrite. But again I deleted... moving on. :nod:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I deleted, but you were attacking how I post and my character behind it. Basically stating I was being a hypocrite. But again I deleted... moving on. :nod:
Oh come on Hench. People bring other people's old contradictory posts all the time to prove the person wrong and they are not being accused of personal attacks.

But alright let's move on.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I’d offer Olausson, Barron, 1st.

Olausson + Barron + 1st + Compher for cap and roster reasons.

JT Miller at 50% would be fantastic for 2 playoff runs but when was the last time ANYONE was traded for 3 first round picks?

And not just 3 players who happened to be selected in the 1st round but not really trending in the right direction like say (Kaut, Bowers and a 1st). Olausson has 23 goals in 39 games in his first year in the OHL and Barron has already played some NHL games as a 1st year pro.

Way too much to give up, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad