Proposal: JT Miller @ 50% retained for?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Hi Av fan's

A Canuck fan here. We get alot of BS threads about this, here in Vancouver

I want to know from Av fan's if they would interested in JT Miller at 50% retained?

What would the offer be? Hopefully, we can keep this to Av fan's here.

I apologize if you are rehashing this.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
At 50% for 2 cup runs that would be a pretty great contract. Guessing that it would probably be something like 1st + Barron/Helleson + Compher/Jost (cap) and probably something more like a B prospect or mid round pick depending on how you value the other pieces.

Reactions: zcaptain

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Realistically not what you would want for a return of Miller based on the ask. I doubt a first+B prospect (Barron, Olausson)+C prospect/early mid pick gets it done and I don’t see the Avs paying through the teeth to land Miller.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Basically any two prospects not currently in the NHL and the 23 1st is the best the Avs could muster. Probably close to getting it done, but only if Van gives up on the season.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'd do a 1st, any of the non-NHL top prospects (Barron, Helleson, Behrens, Olausson) and one of the C prospects (Foudy, Ranta, Kaut etc). No more than that. If that offer gets beat (and I expect it would) then I keep my prospects and carry on. Doing two of Barron/Behrens/Helleson/Olausson is too rich for my blood, we don't draft well so hanging onto lottery tickets that are on the right track is important for the future as the cap continues to crunch us. With our luck, only one of those will pan out to an NHL player, and it would blow to have them do it with another team.

Reactions: Perratrooper

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Damn, so our two best prospects (Newhook and Byram have already graduated to roster spots) and a 1st?

As awesome as Miller is, I hope we don’t do that.
I wouldn’t mind it at all. Takes full advantage of the Mack contract and gives you a 1C to play behind Mack if Newhook isn’t ready. He’s a guy who play any position or role in the top 9 while putting up 60+ points all while only costing 2.625 against the cap. Would be a move that could very easily bring a cup to CO.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Anyone but Olausson prospect wise, Barron/Helleson would be completely fine, would even consider something with Girard, plus obviously Compher or Jost. Olausson has too much potential in my opinion.

There are too many other viable rentals that wont require a cost controlled potentially extremely valuable roster player.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Avs won't put Byram or Newhook on the table, and I seriously doubt the Avs have the prospects and picks to beat the bidding war that will happen for Miller. I don't think Vancouver really wants/need Girard and until Byram can prove he can stay healthy Girard should not be traded.

I seriously seriously doubt Miller gets anywhere near Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad