JT Compher - strange season

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Has that been confirmed moving forward? Thus far it was one shift.
One shift that was absolutely dominant and led to the game tying goal. :naughty: Plus Bednar commented after the game that he liked what the line brought and felt like he needed to ease Compher in at first.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
"The bottle kids are a group of youths who wander around the trailer park and throw glass bottles at trailers, people, and other targets of their choice. ..."

Dunno why a few want to call our top line that, but I will not.

It’s a reference to the TV “trailer park boys” if I’m not mistaken. And Mack made a cameo on the show.

Reactions: Avsrule2022 and cgf

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
He’s a fantastic skater/motor, has a good shot, and is solid in his own end. I think a lot of us here kind of pictured him being a slightly better Grabner type of player with a super slim chance of being a top 6’er.

He definitely isn’t a PPG player and won’t end the season as one, but a high end 3rd liner is where he tops out imo.

Grabner is an awful comparison imo.

Drury is where JTC tops out I believe. Said it before, sticking to it now.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

God if he turns out THAT good I'll be thrilled. I think that's way too high a bar though...and this is coming from the one and only Avs fan in existence who thinks Chris Drury is/was overrated.

I don't think he has the hands to be a true skill player, but his shooting has improved by a very large margin IMO as opposed to last year. Last season he was Dries-like in that he just flung it at the net every chance he got, now he's picking his spots, able to put it where the goalie ain't. He's got the hands, speed, and tenacity to be (potentially) a 2nd/3rd line mainstay, though his health and continued development will warrant watching.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I said a better Grabner. Grabner has been a 20-15 guy the last few years and uses his speed and motor to create offensive chances. I mean Compher does that as well, now I think he’s a more well rounded than Grabner and will be a better player but there’s definitely some similarities between he two.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
last year he was pacing or 40 ptss till the kid line/ncaa line whatever you call it were absolutely gassed. I think he can become a drury type but I'm not 100% sold judt yet.

And yeah the bottle boys is a reference to the trailer park boys

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I said a better Grabner. Grabner has been a 20-15 guy the last few years and uses his speed and motor to create offensive chances. I mean Compher does that as well, now I think he’s a more well rounded than Grabner and will be a better player but there’s definitely some similarities between he two.

I personally don't see the comparisons, at all. Maybe it's just me though.

If I was throwing out a comparison of an established NHLer, reminds me a bit of pre-Columbus Saad.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He was my favorite prospect 2 years ago, and is still my favorite of all the "kids" now. He has an unreal motor which is going to cause havoc on the PK for years to come. A lot like Marchand in this regard.

In fact I would argue he compares to Marchand a lot in general. He's not big but is certainly not afraid to throw his body around or go to the dirty areas of the ice. Got great speed which makes him a threat on the PK regularly. And he's not afraid to be an agitator at all either.

Obviously he wont ever be as good as the player Marchand is. But I still firmly believe he can be a 20G, 50 point guy on this team with solid middle 6 minutes, lots of PK time, and some 2nd PP unit time as well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lmao, I never bother looking that up. I just figured it was one of those @cgf things you just let him go with. I wasn't going to use it, but it was easy enough to understand who he was talking about. I think hes the only one I've seen use it too lol. If there is others I missed it.

I didn't even start it, nor am the one who posts Trailer Park Boys gifs of bottle kids' attacks on the general board after each big game from the top line :laugh:

I just think it's perfect. They come out of nowhere, wreck utter carnage, and disappear as quickly as they swooped in. "Bottle kids are a force of nature."

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
He was my favorite prospect 2 years ago, and is still my favorite of all the "kids" now. He has an unreal motor which is going to cause havoc on the PK for years to come. A lot like Marchand in this regard.

In fact I would argue he compares to Marchand a lot in general. He's not big but is certainly not afraid to throw his body around or go to the dirty areas of the ice. Got great speed which makes him a threat on the PK regularly. And he's not afraid to be an agitator at all either.

Obviously he wont ever be as good as the player Marchand is. But I still firmly believe he can be a 20G, 50 point guy on this team with solid middle 6 minutes, lots of PK time, and some 2nd PP unit time as well.
My favourite prospect two years a go was Rantanen. And from all the kids now, Rantanen and Mackinnon are surely better favourites than Comph.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Compher just has that "it" factor. He's not a traditional top six forward, but at the same time, he's a player you want on the ice in key moments.

Dave Bolland, or a less talented Chris Drury, are two good comparisons.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Compher is also the second fastest player on the team I'd say, after Nate.

He's a swiss army type guy with skill, and coaches will always find a spot on an NHL roster for players like that. He's got a bright and hopefully serious injury-free career ahead of him.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He's a Jason Zucker comp imo. Fast, great shot, but not super creative. North/South, hard and soul guy

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Call them the Ono Island Line. It's almost in Florida.

64qhig.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad