Post-Game Talk: Jr Nucks fall 5-4 in OT to Jr Jets

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Hahaha this thread is full of gems.

Interested to hear more about this Horvat trade rumor though.

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
Horvat just didn't like he felt like he needed to step out of his game. Even in the Warm ups, everyone was going bar down with their best shots and he was just flipping the shots in like he could care less. I think this guy just needs something to get him going... like real training camp and some AHL games. Hoping anyway haha

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
I think Fox and Jensen get along pretty good, saw just the two of them chatting at the hotel after the game

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
One other thing I noticed, at least at this level, Gaunce and Horvat are definitely not slow. I'd say average to slightly above average. Those skating sessions in the summer must have paid off

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Wasn't a fan of him embellishing to draw the penalty. Bit of a show boat who tries to do too much. Etc...

Meh, I've made similar comments about my friends in terms of what I don't like about how they play hockey, but doesn't mean I don't like them. I think trying to read anything into these comments will just lead to trouble.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
Meh, I've made similar comments about my friends in terms of what I don't like about how they play hockey, but doesn't mean I don't like them. I think trying to read anything into these comments will just lead to trouble.

Yeah. That's why I said I might be reading to much into it. But thought it would be interesting to pay attention to it

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
You have your ups and downs. I'd say getting kicked out of the game probably had his back up a bit and was a little emotional.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
He works hard, which creates chances and he's also good at finding the soft spot in the defense when he doesn't have the puck and being in the right spot for a scoring chance. He will push for a spot out of camp IMO, probably won't make it but he'll be a mainstay in the top 6 next season on.

I think we are on the same page. I think he will get some time in the show later on this year, unless he absolutely tanks in Utica. I am hoping he will be 2nd line material next year. He is my favourite prospect right now. So much potential.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Horvat just didn't like he felt like he needed to step out of his game. Even in the Warm ups, everyone was going bar down with their best shots and he was just flipping the shots in like he could care less. I think this guy just needs something to get him going... like real training camp and some AHL games. Hoping anyway haha

I'd like to see him put in the same effort as Gaunce. they are competing for the same spot and Gaunce is clearly winning. looks like he wants it more. long ways to go though.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
That's because they're both Danes.

tumblr_m0i09anyQ81r3j7m5o1_500.gif

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I know the HF prospect ranking for the Canucks is terrible. But based on that we're missing:
1. Virtanen
2. Demko
4. Trymakin
8. Vey
9. McCann
10. Cassels

Arguably 6 of our top 10 guys and then Hutton on defence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad