Dreger: Rutherford "in the market" for a dman

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com

Darren Dreger said:
"... He's looking for a defenseman. Part of that is through urgency and necessity, and the fact that he's already experienced injury to the Pittsburgh Penguins blue line... He's in the market for the best available defenseman, but in reality he is going to have to settle for a third-pairing defenseman. So, he's definitely in the market looking for some help."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
Rangers want to move Deangelo to make room for Nils L.
What is the offer?
As much as i like DeAngelo, i'm not sure adding another offensive defenceman to this current Penguins team is a good idea, considering how bad the Penguins have looked defensively

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Nick Holden is your man, JR.
Left side, right side. PK PP - he can do it all not very well

edit: can a mod edit the tag to Dreger? It's his elite insider info. He's your man.

Reactions: Hamurai and Peat

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Two ways to look at this:

* The loss of Jack Johnson has been catastrophic
* Mike Matheson wasn't all he was cracked up to be

No, Mike Matheson is out long term.

JR is looking for a defenseman because the Penguins have Riikola, Pettersson and Matheson out with long term injuries. This is their defense right now:

Dumoulin-Letang
Marino-Ceci
POJ-Ruhwedel

I think JR's probably targeting a Ruhwedel caliber LD for dirt cheap, and I imagine he'll use a depth forward (Lafferty, ZAR, Rodrigues or Sceviour is my guess) to get that.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what would Pittsburgh offer for Graves or Timmins?

Avs are certainly not keen to trade either of them as that would diminish the quality of the strong Avs blueline, but I'm curious to see what JR would offer for either.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just out of curiosity, what would Pittsburgh offer for Graves or Timmins?

Avs are certainly not keen to trade either of them as that would diminish the quality of the Avs blueline, but I'm curious to see what JR would offer for either.

Timmins would be a really nice get because he fills a long term need, but I don't think they'd be that interested in Graves. They need short term LD help, but not long term.

Timmins would look amazing on a 3rd pair with POJ going forward, though. Just don't think the timing is good right now, especially with Ruhwedel playing pretty well to start the year.

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad