JR: HHOF

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I know a lot of people are mad at JR, but this nonsense about him being lucky, giving Botts credit for what he did, etc is totally bananas.

He’s only the second GM to win cups with two different teams... in fact he’s the first to do that since the ‘67 expansion... that’s how impossibly hard it is to do.

People forget all the great moves he made to win b2b cups...

Neal for Hornqvist.
Kessel deal.
Bort for Cole
Sutter for Bones
Hired Sullivan
Scuds for Daley
Perron for Hags
Traded beans for Schultz
Signed Cullen

Everyone of those moves was vital in this team winning b2b cups. He didn’t make one or two lucky moves folks... get with reality.

When you are the only GM in 50 years to win cups with two different teams and the first GM to win b2b cups in two decades, you fully deserve a HHOF nod. You have to be an absolute mental midget or so blinded by anger, to fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Him going off the rails now shouldn’t detract from what he’s accomplished.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I don't remember the insider drama from the early internet days. But I was excited to get Zubov and frustrated to see him traded after a year.

Imagine getting a defenseman at age 25, a mere three year NHL vet, who was #2 and #8 in defensive scoring the previous two years, finishes the same on your team, and shipping him right back out. Oh yeah, he becomes a lynchpin on a back to back Cup Finalist a couple years later.

Kevin Hatcher was five years older (been in the league since 18) and looking even older still. Numbers weren't close.

The asset managing was... poor.

I always said "the Pens end up getting the worse brother"

Kevin/Derian Hatcher
Keith/Wayne Primeau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad