JR did not... just say that (Despres/Lovejoy Trade)

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Being honest about it is understanding where he should play and where he is playing due to injuries. He's hardly alone looking like dog doodie with three of the main factors being out. Now add in playing only 5 d-men for so many games, that's including the games D-men get hurt in.

If we are expecting Scuderi, Lovejoy, Martin, Cole, and Chorney to be some kind of miracle workers, com'n.

Even with Despres this is a **** show.

Everyone goes on about this stuff with no perspective to the actual situation they are in. Saying injuries are not excuses, even heard Madden say it, but how do you explain playing 5 D-men so much. Again, the down to 5 D-men isn't relegated to these resent games there are many in which they got injured in that had them down to 5. I'm not even counting the one where Bortuzzo got 5 and a game.

hey Josh, go home... :sarcasm:

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I'm glad he pointed out that there were 9 people involved. That way we won't somehow delude ourselves into thinking that Guerin, Fitzgerald or Botterill would be suitable for the GM job.

I think that they have a lot more sway than we're giving them credit for - they have a decent amount of tenure with this organization, and they were kept on after Shero got the axe. Like I said, I think Rutherford is more of a figurehead GM who has less powers than those on other teams.

The answer is to gut the front office (all of them) and hire people from outside the organization. No more super friends.

I don't know, sounds like he's trying to shift the blame now that it's blowing up. If it all worked out grandiose, would he be sharing the limelight?...weasel.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I don't know, sounds like he's trying to shift the blame now that it's blowing up. If it all worked out grandiose, would he be sharing the limelight?...weasel.

he mentioned something to a milder extent in the press conference when he announced the trade. it looks to me he was trying to pass the buck from the start.

and lovejoy is making me miss orpik.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
he mentioned something to a milder extent in the press conference when he announced the trade.

and lovejoy is making me miss orpik.

I seem to recall him saying something like "this was a guy my assistants really pushed for."

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I seem to recall him saying something like "this was a guy my assistants really pushed for."

i forgot what he said exactly, but something along the lines of what you said. it was the AGMs who wanted the despres/lovejoy trade. i took it to mean they wanted despres gone, based on what IC has posted before more than they wanted lovejoy.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Lovejoy is a disappointment and his experience means nothing if the team misses the playoffs. Disastrous trade and I'm souring on this organization. I'll always be a Pens fan but I don't like hockey much right now. It sucks.

I legitimately think I could do a better job at icing a competitive ****ing team because I have common sense. What a ****ing joke.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Lovejoy is a disappointment and his experience means nothing if the team misses the playoffs. Disastrous trade and I'm souring on this organization. I'll always be a Pens fan but I don't like hockey much right now. It sucks.

I legitimately think I could do a better job at icing a competitive ****ing team because I have common sense. What a ****ing joke.

Atleast Despres gets to play in the playoffs.:laugh:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

MacT said the same thing... and after getting the job found out that making trades without getting your **** handed to you is a hell of a lot harder than you think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad