JP Parise Passes Away

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Even though he's been declining for months, still absolutely terrible. Really feel for Zach and his family. Glad he was able to be home during the last few years.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I had the privilege of watching JP at the old Met when I was a kid. He and Goldy were my favorites back then. And of course the maskless Gump too. No doubt where Zach got his work ethic. JP never took a shift off either. RIP JP.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
At least Zach got to spend some time with his dad before he passed, I can only imagine what it would be like to be stuck halfway across the country or something similar.

Really puts a lot of things in perspective when someone dies, even if you never knew them personally.

RIP JP, hopefully the family can get some peace, themselves.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I had the pleasure of meeting JP on multiple occasions as he was a regular at a bank I used to work at. I remember a time we had a hockey jersey day at the bank and he was in that day. Says to me "Why not a Devils jersey?" with a loud laugh. I had to resist asking him if Zach was signing here on the days leading up to it. The world lost a great person today. RIP JP

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I had the pleasure of meeting JP on multiple occasions as he was a regular at a bank I used to work at. I remember a time we had a hockey jersey day at the bank and he was in that day. Says to me "Why not a Devils jersey?" with a loud laugh. I had to resist asking him if Zach was signing here on the days leading up to it. The world lost a great person today. RIP JP
I don't think I've ever heard anyone who's had a heard interaction with the man.

My sister was a receptionist at a hair salon where JP and his wife got their hair cut. He noticed my sister reading the sports section one day, and asked her if she liked hockey. When they left, the stylist told my sister who it was, and my sister freaked out (Zach's her favorite player). She said that JP would talk hockey with her every time they came in.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00