Josi is spectacular

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Not even close.

No.....Subban is close. I don't think you can question that.

Nashville is one of the weird situations where's it's hard to crown a true top dog.

There are situations where I prefer Josi, and there are situations where I prefer Subban.

And there are definitely situations where I prefer Ekholm.

I definitely like having Josi and Subban separated....except on a rare power play or extra attacker situation. They're not the same guy, but the play the same role.

It will be interesting to see how the dynamic changes now that we've had a half season of Josi-Ekholm once that Ellis returns.

Though I could see an Emelin-Bitetto line laying the absolute wood around.

Sidenote: I think Bitetto has really stepped his game up. I no longer fear the 3rd pair as being weak...

Reactions: RickP

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I have posted this in other threads but not here.

Every defenseman Josi has played with has put up their best numbers career wise their first season with Josi. Every single one.

Klein, Weber, Ellis, Irwin and now Ekholm is on his way.

How often does a defenseman make his partner better offensively ever single time?

I'm pretty sure Brian Campbell did. But it's rare.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If Subban is playing like he does in the playoffs he has a legit argument for being top dog. However, of the two regular seasons we've had him you would have less of an argument. He's good no doubt, but as far as this season goes he has been the 3rd best on the team, and you could make a pretty good argument that Ekholm has been better than Josi so far this season. As far as our 3rd pair, I would be less concerned if we could get Irwin off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad