Injury Report: Josh Norris Upper Body Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think the initial diagnosis was grave, and maybe the surgeon may give him hope. But sounds like his season is done

I am thinking the same

no point coming back if he isn't 100% which I doubt he will be anytime soon if he is asking for a 2nd opinion

the season is lost just get ready for the next. He probably wants a big money contract

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You can already hear the narrative from non-Sens fans next summer

"yeah but Norris never scored 20 goals"

"yeah but Batherson never scored 40 pts"

"yeah but Pinto struggles to make a really bad team"

Etc

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So the consensus is he is done for the season? Actually? Top 3 centers all out for the year due to shoulder injuries. This has to be a first. I think this is a sign Eugene, the hockey gods dont like you. Sell the team.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
So the consensus is he is done for the season? Actually? Top 3 centers all out for the year due to shoulder injuries. This has to be a first. I think this is a sign Eugene, the hockey gods dont like you. Sell the team.
Or they do like him and are helping him get Norris signed to a bargain contract like Batherson.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Only if he needs surgery. Has that been determined? They seemed optimistic originally .. and Norris is getting a 2nd opinion.

I am guessing this 3-4 week thing is coming from the Sens somewhere. That would mean no surgery .. again I am guessing.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
literally no one:

Xspyrit:
You can already hear the narrative from non-Sens fans next summer

"yeah but Norris never scored 20 goals"

"yeah but Batherson never scored 40 pts"

"yeah but Pinto struggles to make a really bad team"

Etc

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
PD via Brother Bruce:

“Right now, it looks positive for Josh Norris. He’s just getting a second opinion and we want our players to get a second opinion,” said Dorion. “We don’t believe, at this point in time, surgery is needed. From this point in time, it’s probably another three or four weeks if he just continues to rehab.

“We’ve been very encouraged by the work he’s put in. His range of motion and strength are very close to where they should be and we hope that surgery isn’t needed. Josh really wants to play but whatever decision he and the doctors make we’ll support 100%.”

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Maybe I have missed it, but has any team source said that he dislocated his shoulder.
They confirmed it’s his shoulder that had previously been dislocated and received surgery, they confirmed he’s going to miss time, they specifically said they like the range of motion he’s getting (the main problem with dislocation), they confirmed he’s going to see the surgeon who did his first surgery to get his opinion, and Dorion has come out and said after hearing from the first surgeon that they are hopeful he doesn’t have to get surgery, but will be another ~4 weeks in the best case.

If it’s not a dislocation, I have no clue what it would be. Everything we are hearing points to that.

Last edited:

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
They confirmed it’s his shoulder that had previously been dislocated and received surgery, they confirmed he’s going to miss time, they specifically said they like the range of motion he’s getting (the main problem with dislocation), they confirmed he’s going to see the surgeon who did his first surgery to get his opinion, and Dorion has come out and said after hearing from the first surgeon that they are hopeful he doesn’t have to get surgery, but will be another ~4 weeks in the best case.

If it’s not a dislocation, I have no clue what it would be. Everything we are hearing points to that.
Thanks, thought I had missed something official.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think the initial diagnosis was grave, and maybe the surgeon may give him hope. But sounds like his season is done
I was trying to parse Dorion's words in that interview between Brucie & Pierre. It seemed like he was saying they were being extra cautious and would allow the doctors info to determine what happens, yet sounding rather optimistic that he could be returning some time after the All-Star break. It was hard to figure out what to make of it. The longer this drags out with little info being presented, the more I think this will be more of a worse case situation. Hard to know, and we will see I guess.

Edit - I seen now there is some indication about a "potential" timeline -> 3 or 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: coladin

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I was trying to parse Dorion's words in that interview between Brucie & Pierre. It seemed like he was saying they were being extra cautious and would allow the doctors info determine what happens, yet sounding rather optimistic that he could be returning some time after the All-Star break. It was hard to figure out what to make of it. The longer this drags out with little info being presented, the more I think this will be more of a worse case situation. Hard to know, and we will see I guess.

i would be careful with one of our key pieces too. Good job by the organization by not rushing him. I am sure ten years ago he would have had a cortisone shot and go back on the ice.

Reactions: aragorn

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
i would be careful with one of our key pieces too. Good job by the organization by not rushing him. I am sure ten years ago he would have had a cortisone shot and go back on the ice.
Oh for sure. Not implying anything underhanded or nefarious just in case you are interpreting it this way. Was just trying to figure where things stood. I see this season as a write off pretty much anyways (i.e., we aren't making the playoffs and will finish in the bottom 30 percentile approx.). Its unfortunate, but I guess we have to hope for a good draft and better luck next year.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Possibly, for 2 weeks, but is it worth it.
I am always a fan of getting guys back on the ice if they are healthy enough.

It can provide that extra boost of confidence and mental relief to a player and let them go in to the off season in a better mind set. Not to mention the boost to the rest of the team seeing their friend back on the ice as well.

Ideally we see everyone back on the ice if even for a couple of games before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad