Injury Report: Josh Norris Upper Body Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Terrible idea - the kids need practice and developmental time they don’t get if they are shut down . Even playing 5 games at the end of the season is a valuable confidence builder.

They should all come back when they are healthy.
Yep the mental benefits can be huge before going in to a long off season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No he is a tremendous fit with Batherson. Lefty to Righty, already have good chemistry. Whats wrong with the winger being the creative and the center being the shooter and the defensive responsibility?
I guess it depends on how our other centers develop.

Currently, I see no reason to slide Norris to the wing, but hypothetically let's say we find some crazy chemistry with Tkachuk, Pinto and Sokolov to form a line 2, and idk, some combination of Formenton, paul white and Brown for a 3rd line.

Now you have Stützle, Norris and Batherson, what do you do if Stützle has proven himself as a legit #1 center? I think trying Norris on the wing would make sense, that's not to say we should do it now, just that if circumstances dictate, it could be an option for sure.

Reactions: Cosmix

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Yup. Right wing shooter, board battler. Only if stutzle and pinto look as good or better than him at C though.

Norris should stay at center. In fact, I would leave the entire first line together, Stuetzle and Pinto can fight it out for the next two spots in the middle.

Reactions: bert

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Yup. Right wing shooter, board battler. Only if stutzle and pinto look as good or better than him at C though.

I'm a huge Pinto fan, and I think he's the most natural Centre on the team, both in terms of faceoff dominance and style of play.
I still think he will ultimately turn out the best of the Norris/Bath/Pinto trifecta, which is saying a hell of a lot - Bath's PPG isn't that far off of guys like Matthews and Norris has the 2nd best G/GP of all players drafted since 2017.

I'd really like to see this top-9 at some point next season.

1A: Norris - Pinto - Bath
1B: Brady - Stutzle - UFA
2: Formenton - Paul - C. Brown

If Pinto, Jimmy and Formenton all take relatively large steps, I think that might be the best top-9 in the league in two years.

Add in the D corps below and the emergence of a top 1G (Murray, Sogaard, Gus or Leevi), and we're winning the cup.

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - UFA
Brannstrom - JBD

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
At even strength, has Stutzle passed Norris as the #1C?

I think Stutzle is a better skater & puck handler but not nescessarily right now is the better C.

At the end of the day, after all has been said and done, in the fullness of time, Yes! :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm a huge Pinto fan, and I think he's the most natural Centre on the team, both in terms of faceoff dominance and style of play.
I still think he will ultimately turn out the best of the Norris/Bath/Pinto trifecta, which is saying a hell of a lot - Bath's PPG isn't that far off of guys like Matthews and Norris has the 2nd best G/GP of all players drafted since 2017.

I'd really like to see this top-9 at some point next season.

1A: Norris - Pinto - Bath
1B: Brady - Stutzle - UFA
2: Formenton - Paul - C. Brown

If Pinto, Jimmy and Formenton all take relatively large steps, I think that might be the best top-9 in the league in two years.

Add in the D corps below and the emergence of a top 1G (Murray, Sogaard, Gus or Leevi), and we're winning the cup.

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - UFA
Brannstrom - JBD

Not necessarily "best in the league" but certainly one of the better top 9s, meaning top quartile team performance and results.

I see the lines next season as:

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Stutzle - A
Paul - Pinto - Brown
B - White - Watson

Paul will hopefully sign as a UFA.
A and B could be two of a UFA, Sanford, Ennis, Gaudette, Kelly, Sokolov, Kastelec.

The Defence:

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Holden (solid vet to play with the rookie)
Brannstrom - Zaitsev (due to contract)

JBD/Thomson to be 7th D

Goaltenders:

Murray
Gustavsson

Reactions: DrEasy and dumbdick

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not necessarily "best in the league" but certainly one of the better top 9s, meaning top quartile team performance and results.

I see the lines next season as:

Formenton - Stutzle - A
Paul - Pinto - Brown
B - White - Watson

Paul will hopefully sign as a UFA.
A and B could be two of a UFA, Sanford, Ennis, Gaudette, Kelly, Sokolov, Kastelec.

The Defence:

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Holden (solid vet to play with the rookie)
Brannstrom - Zaitsev (due to contract)

JBD/Thomson to be 7th D

Goaltenders:

Murray
Gustavsson

EDIT: I should have said "playoff team performance and near top quartile of the league". assuming we get a forward for spot A that can perform at a top 6 level (i.e., not the other forwards identified).

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Having 3 legit, upper end C is a good thing and we should hold off moving one of them to wing unless it becomes necessary.

We should fill in around them, not cram them all together on a full time basis. Yes, a couple of them will end up on PP1 together and maybe all 3 of them at the end of a game when we pull our goalie but we have desperately needed strong C play for years and we finally have it (I am gifting Pinto the status of being a very good C already).

Top C make lines better so let's have 3 very good to great lines first and then see what we need to do in order to improve upon that.

Also I think it is clear the org doesn't see Paul as a full time C so I would be shocked if we resign him and he becomes a C for us other than in an emergency role.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I guess it depends on how our other centers develop.

Currently, I see no reason to slide Norris to the wing, but hypothetically let's say we find some crazy chemistry with Tkachuk, Pinto and Sokolov to form a line 2, and idk, some combination of Formenton, paul white and Brown for a 3rd line.

Now you have Stützle, Norris and Batherson, what do you do if Stützle has proven himself as a legit #1 center? I think trying Norris on the wing would make sense, that's not to say we should do it now, just that if circumstances dictate, it could be an option for sure.

Why is that people suggest moving Norris to the wing is fine, but when I suggested they move Pinto to the wing people lost their minds? I get no respect I tell you, no respect.

I don't think it will happen, in fact, I think it's Stutzle that might end up going back to the wing once everyone is healthy & Pinto is back. Tkachuk & Norris are attached at the hip & Batherson is great on that line. Pinto has shown he has some chemistry with Stutzle & C. Brown has shown that he is becoming a very good puck distributor & playmaker with 2nd line production. And they keep rotating Belleville centres in & out of the lineup on the 4th line until White & Pinto return to action (Kastelic/Bishop/Gambrell). Then they still have Sokolov & Kelly as depth forwards.

Stutzle - Pinto - C. Brown
Formenton - Paul/White - Gaudette
Sanford - Paul/White - Watson

Chabot - Thomson
Holden - Zub
Sanderson - Zaitsev/Brannstrom

Murray - Gustavsson/Sogaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events