Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1”

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
It's early, but I think this guy has potential to be a future Captain in the league at some point in his career.

Reactions: aragorn

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It's early, but I think this guy has potential to be a future Captain in the league at some point in his career.

I agree, I think he can be like Couture in multiple facets of the game--leadership included. We really have such a strong group of leaders on the team it's remarkable. It will be expounded with the likes of Greig, Sanderson, Sokolov added to the team in the not too distant future.

Our entire top 6 could be captain candidates at some point in their careers. At minimum assistants.

Stutzle-Pinto-Brown
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson

We are really building something special here. Even the leadership on our defence with Chabot, Zub, Sanderson and JBD. This could be a thread in its own right.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Gotta give a bump to this thread.

All the hype has been about Pinto (deserved for sure) but seeing Norris last night made smile because he has clearly gotten quicker and faster.

He played with an edge, was good in the dot and showcased his shot a few times as well.

I can see him pushing close to 30 goals this year if he keeps finding those looks and with Bath looking even quicker again the sky is the limit for that pair.

Physical play, insane hands and lasers for shots...man they will be worth the price of admission alone. Then add Stüzle, Pinto, Forms, Chabot and maybe even a guy named Brady and at minimum the games won't be boring.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This is probably the best game I've seen from him so far. I thought the 1C talk was a bit overhyped last year, but he certainly looked like one tonight.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
How early can you extend a guy on his last year of ELC? Is there any chance we bridge/long term extension Norris/Formenton/Brannstrom before Brady?

Imagine singing Norris to 6.5-7M x 8 years and then looking at Tkachuk.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Same agent as Tkachuk, Pageau, Stone, and Karlsson

Don't get too attached.

I am fairly sure the agent has nothing to do with how or why any of those guys left. TKachuk's brother told the world whats up the other three had zero negotiating issues.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Josh Sakic Norris. Think he takes it to another level this season as a scoring centre.

Joe Sakic is who I compared Norris to before too. Norris & Pinto can both be top six centres in the NHL, I don't think there is any doubt about that any more. Greig could be a future 3rd line centre with some jam & scoring ability & Kastelic could probably fill in that 4th line centre spot & play a similar role to Watson.

Reactions: Sweatred and armani

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Joe Sakic is who I compared Norris to before too. Norris & Pinto can both be top six centres in the NHL, I don't think there is any doubt about that any more. Greig could be a future 3rd line centre with some jam & scoring ability & Kastelic could probably fill in that 4th line centre spot & play a similar role to Watson.

I gotta say that I am not as high on Kastelic as you are, but I will take him over Agozzino and Parker Chris Kelly over both of them as the 4th line centre.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
What an absurd shot this kid has.

Reminds me quite a bit of prime Turris.

I see some Turris but I've always said that I see a left handed Kesler in Josh Norris. I think he's a left handed hybrid of Turris and Kesler. The kid is crazy athletic in that he is agile, quick and pretty strong on his skates. More like Kesler in that regard.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I agree, I think he can be like Couture in multiple facets of the game--leadership included. We really have such a strong group of leaders on the team it's remarkable. It will be expounded with the likes of Greig, Sanderson, Sokolov added to the team in the not too distant future.

Our entire top 6 could be captain candidates at some point in their careers. At minimum assistants.

Stutzle-Pinto-Brown
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson

We are really building something special here. Even the leadership on our defence with Chabot, Zub, Sanderson and JBD. This could be a thread in its own right.
That forward group has such a great blend of skills,it literally has everything u want in a top 6..

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Boucher
Soks
Jarventie

all have potential to play top 6
Yep all have some good size and bring something a bit different in their skillsets...Its a very balanced looking top 6 that can play any game you need...We just need to try and keep it together...Also good to chat with u again SOA

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Potential comparable for Norris in Suzuki signed. Is that a number we're looking at if he performs at ~60 point pace?

Reactions: HSF

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Potential comparable for Norris in Suzuki signed. Is that a number we're looking at if he performs at ~60 point pace?

Yeah if I was Dorion I'd strongly consider going to Norris with maybe just a hair under that number over 8 years and try to get a deal done now.

Too bad Norris is represented by Newport and Oster so more likely he sits out games next season while asking for 12 million a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad