Value of: Josh Manson to Colorado

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Pass.

I think he is too slow for the game the Avs play, too injury prone over the last couple of years and Seattle would certainly take him in the expansion draft which means the Avs have to trade too much for him because they have to pay for an extra year and can't take advantage of it.
Not to mention it makes things more difficult capwise...

I think its hilarious that Avs fans or atleast hfAvs can't sit back and enjoy a good thing and enjoy how well the guys are playing right now. Instead they are desperate to make changes to a good thing for no real valid reason. Especially in a year where deadline trades will be harder to integrate into the team than ever and will have a very hard time developing chemistry....

I just hope Sakic does absolutely nothing at the deadline (unless he knows that neither EJ nor Francouz won't be back for the playoffs in which case he should look at some smaller things depending on how our new goalie and McDonald perform till the deadline) and trusts the guys in the building to figure things out. I really love our 3rd line recently and even Compher on the 4th showed major signs of life last night.

Just stop worrying and see what the best roster we have seen in a long time can do. There are no do overs anyways. We will never know whether the Avs might or might not have won if they did A or B. So why obsess about it and try to fix stuff that most likely doesn't even need fixing.

Just enjoy and hope the hockey gods are on our side this year especially in terms of injuries...

Last edited:
Reactions: flyfysher

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
The idea of trading for Manson to be a bottom pairing PK guy is fine, but the notion of trading anything of value for that is not. That’s just not good business. The Avs are fine without him and he just isn’t a need. Especially at the cost of a Kaut, Timmins, Foudy, Ranta, Beaucage, etc.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Is Johnson not expected back this season? I don’t see how Manson fits a huge need in Colorado unless EJ is out for the year.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I've always wanted him on the Leafs.
Doubt we shift the d group around mid-season
But
Muzzin-Brodie
Rielly-Manson
Dermott-Holl
Bogosian

Is a goooood d group. Imo

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think the Ducks will want to take back cap beyond next year unless it's part of the future. Most of the Anaheim's bad contracts are up after next summer and they can try to land a big FA that summer.

Reactions: MCB

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
No interest. If it was 1 more year after this then I would be on board but paying 36 year old EJ 6 mil just sounds terrible.

Not worth it to add a late 1st this year.

EJ would be a cap dump even at 4M. Probably a first a second and a good prospect to move him.

Then another prospect for Manson.

EJ (2M retained), Newfoot, Timmins, a first and a second for Manson.

Would Anaheim consider that?

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Pass.

I think he is too slow for the game the Avs play, too injury prone over the last couple of years and Seattle would certainly take him in the expansion draft which means the Avs have to trade too much for him because they have to pay for an extra year and can't take advantage of it.
Not to mention it makes things more difficult capwise...

I think its hilarious that Avs fans or atleast hfAvs can't sit back and enjoy a good thing and enjoy how well the guys are playing right now. Instead they are desperate to make changes to a good thing for no real valid reason. Especially in a year where deadline trades will be harder to integrate into the team than ever and will have a very hard time developing chemistry....

I just hope Sakic does absolutely nothing at the deadline (unless he knows that neither EJ nor Francouz won't be back for the playoffs in which case he should look at some smaller things depending on how our new goalie and McDonald perform till the deadline) and trusts the guys in the building to figure things out. I really love our 3rd line recently and even Compher on the 4th showed major signs of life last night.

Just stop worrying and see what the best roster we have seen in a long time can do. There are no do overs anyways. We will never know whether the Avs might or might not have won if they did A or B. So why obsess about it and try to fix stuff that most likely doesn't even need fixing.

Just enjoy and hope the hockey gods are on our side this year especially in terms of injuries...
Nice Homer post what a joke he instantly become your #3
Why even comment on a player you know nothing about. Avs with a soft friendly D will go far again :sarcasm:
Nobody is trading you Manson for anything less than an overpayment

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Nice Homer post what a joke he instantly become your #3
Why even comment on a player you know nothing about. Avs with a soft friendly D will go far again :sarcasm:
Nobody is trading you Manson for anything less than an overpayment

You are way too sensitive.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Manson would be a blast in the Avs. would make our D just ridiculous since he adds exactly the only thing it lacks. him or Orlov in this D, I would love to see that happen.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Somehow beating the division leader 5-1 and holding them to 19 shots induced panic on our board.
Idk but there is always moves you can make on a roster, maybe some feel a shutdown guy that can kill penalty’s and add some sandpaper to line up wouldn’t be a bad thing come playoff time. I honestly don’t watch the avs much this year but just at first glance I think Manson doesn’t bring something they lack on the back end.... and he wouldn’t have to be a top guy on the team just do his job.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That’s not correct. EJ has an 11 team list of teams he can’t be traded too.
It's a 19-team list of teams he can be traded to. Add the Avs and that makes 20 he can't move to, which leaves 12 including Seattle.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Manson would be a blast in the Avs. would make our D just ridiculous since he adds exactly the only thing it lacks. him or Orlov in this D, I would love to see that happen.
Are Avs fans forgetting the ED draft? I know Avs fans assume EJ will waive so they can protect Toews but that ain't gonna happen and if he's still hurt they have no choice but to protect him.
Imagine your GM basically says hey waive cuz we value Toews and kind of hope they take you. Plus the NHLPA discourages anything that will undermine the clauses players negotiate.
So you have Cale, Sam, EJ, leaving Manson, Toews, Graves exposed, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This insanity to trade Graves just won’t end. He’s our best PK defender.
Did you see how terrible MacDonald played last night? The worst Avs player on the ice by a mile. Go rewatch the first period and chart MacDonalds turnovers. Three brutal ones in just the first alone.

need to keep Graves until EJ gets back, which may never happen.

You're the only one going insane here.

MacDonald was the worst player on the ice last night? GUESSS WHAT, Graves is the worst player on the ice every other night.

He's certainly not our best PKer either. That title easily belongs to Toews.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Are Avs fans forgetting the ED draft? I know Avs fans assume EJ will waive so they can protect Toews but that ain't gonna happen and if he's still hurt they have no choice but to protect him.
Imagine your GM basically says hey waive cuz we value Toews and kind of hope they take you. Plus the NHLPA discourages anything that will undermine the clauses players negotiate.
So you have Cale, Sam, EJ, leaving Manson, Toews, Graves exposed, doesn't make a lot of sense.
EJ will waive or be bought out plain and simple. He'll likely waive tho. Even Clark and Baugh (both of The Athletic) have said as much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad