Injury Report: Josh Harding Injured (9/16)

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

This is awesome news!

So how long do you guys think he will need to get back into a game? a week? more?

Also, what will happen with all the goalies you have? I assume Backstrom is still out for season. Do you send Kuemper to minors and go with Harding and Bryzgalov? You can also go with Harding and Kuemper (and send Bryz to minors)...but you might lose Bryzgalov to waivers then right?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
This is awesome news!

So how long do you guys think he will need to get back into a game? a week? more?

Also, what will happen with all the goalies you have? I assume Backstrom is still out for season. Do you send Kuemper to minors and go with Harding and Bryzgalov? You can also go with Harding and Kuemper (and send Bryz to minors)...but you might lose Bryzgalov to waivers then right?

Rosters are unlimited after the trade deadline. I say keep three goalies on the roster (four if you count Backs on IR) and enjoy the healthy competition. There's also an argument to be said for getting Kuemps some playing time in the minors if it's looking like he's only going to be a backup here, but with how he's played, I kinda doubt he loses the starting job.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
This is awesome news!

Most likely we'd run with three goalies. Kuemper is on ELC so we won't go over the cap. That, or send Darcy to Iowa for a game or two.

Fantastic news about Josh. Really thought he might be done, but he is a real warrior. Heart of a champion.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Lets remember that he is not coming back yet. They've got no plan. He's just feeling better. Anyway, it's great news.

TheTimeKnife

Mar 11, 2014
Oregon
Even if they both start skating again, I really hope Harding and Backstrom are done for the year. They definitely deserve time to heal and get back into game shape. Last thing we need is one of them to get an elbow rammed into their head while they are healing.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Lets remember that he is not coming back yet. They've got no plan. He's just feeling better. Anyway, it's great news.

Yep, "on the ice" is the first step, but he's got a few more before he's ready for a game. I definitely don't want to see him rushed back into net before he's ready. Try things out for a few weeks, see how he feels, then maybe give him a game or two toward the end of the regular season.

Awesome news that he's feeling better. The guy is a fighter. :yo:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Interesting.

I imagine Kuemper is the odd man out if Harding is prepared to come back, with Bryz in the drivers seat for a while yet.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
My guess is Harding wouldn't get a game unless we clinch...tough to let his first action since december to be such a high pressure situation.

It's still Bryz's net.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
God would it be great for Josh to get to play the last two regular season games. This team is so much better with Bryz-Harding than it is Bryz-Kuemper and that's no knock on Kuemper as Harding has been one of the best goalies in the NHL when he's played this year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Harding hasn't played in a game for months. He is in no way a better choice than Kuemper if the latter is healthy. If Harding is healthy, then the best thing would be if the Wild clinch a PO spot then play Josh in at least one regular season game to see if he can get up to speed for a PO run, whether it be as a starter (unlikely), or a back up.

Having said all that, just the possibility that Hards might be back is great news. It would also be a relief for the team knowing that they have another NHL goalie ready to go if need be.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Harding hasn't played in a game for months. He is in no way a better choice than Kuemper if the latter is healthy. If Harding is healthy, then the best thing would be if the Wild clinch a PO spot then play Josh in at least one regular season game to see if he can get up to speed for a PO run, whether it be as a starter (unlikely), or a back up.

Having said all that, just the possibility that Hards might be back is great news. It would also be a relief for the team knowing that they have another NHL goalie ready to go if need be.
Basically same boat as last season. He'll practice with the team for a few days, then likely go to Iowa for a Start or two, then come back to the big club and MAYBE get the last regular season game.

If he's good to go, he's the backup come playoff time... ready to jump in if Bryz struggles at all.

Also, considering the Iowa Wild won't be in the playoffs... I think it's safe to say the travel squad for the Wild come playoff time will be rather... large. Kuemper will still be around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad