Injury Report: Josh Harding Injured (9/16)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If Harding steps back in goal two things should happen:

1. The Wild add another jump to their step because of the emotional boost.

2. He better damn well get a standing ovation no matter which arena we're in that night.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
This whole situation feels weird to me. After hearing nothing for so long he just magically might play this series.

It feels like we are trying to catch lightning in a bottle, hope it works if it actually happens though.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
If we want Harding back, we better win game 2 and/or 3. I doubt he gets his first start in 6 months in an elimination game.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'd say the prospect of facing the Hawks with Bryz in net is a pretty dire situation..

As cool and storybook as the idea sounds, now that I think about it this morning, I think a healthy Bryz is a much better option than a guy who hasn't seen live action in what, 4 or 5 months?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Have to think Josh's health also. Do they know is he able to handle extreme physical stress yet etc..

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
As cool and storybook as the idea sounds, now that I think about it this morning, I think a healthy Bryz is a much better option than a guy who hasn't seen live action in what, 4 or 5 months?

I just disagree, but it's mostly because I don't think Bryz is a good goalie, and I think a chance of Harding coming back even rusty would be better.

From what I've seen from Bryz, I just don't think he is going to steal games. He will give us chances to win, he will make the saves we expect him to make. The goals that get scored will be "Not his fault", but he needs to make some of these saves. He doesn't absorb pucks, he fights everything.

The first goal and the 3rd goal should NOT have gone in last night. That 'Deflection' was so close, and so small there is no way that should have been in. I'm pretty sure it went under his arm as well, which is a pretty big no no. Kane made a great play, he had an awesome shot, but Bryz needs to challenge there. There was literally one place for Kane to go with that puck.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Josh Harding is a great story and I hear he is a great guy, But I really hope he doesnt come back, I wish him well with his health. But for the Wild's sake I hope he just retires after this season It isnt fair to the Wild to put them in this situation when he cant be relied on. If he plays against Chicago pretty much means we are desperate and in not a good situation in the series and may give him hope to play next season. Like I said I wish him the best in his illness but the Wild have to move on from him

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I just disagree, but it's mostly because I don't think Bryz is a good goalie, and I think a chance of Harding coming back even rusty would be better.

From what I've seen from Bryz, I just don't think he is going to steal games. He will give us chances to win, he will make the saves we expect him to make. The goals that get scored will be "Not his fault", but he needs to make some of these saves. He doesn't absorb pucks, he fights everything.

The first goal and the 3rd goal should NOT have gone in last night. That 'Deflection' was so close, and so small there is no way that should have been in. I'm pretty sure it went under his arm as well, which is a pretty big no no. Kane made a great play, he had an awesome shot, but Bryz needs to challenge there. There was literally one place for Kane to go with that puck.

Bryz was below average last night, but I would still argue that he's a better option than a rusty Harding who could get his groove back after seeing a bit of action, but until then he would be a bigger risk than Bryz. If we really end up having to throw Harding out there, it's a sign that we're very very screwed.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
KFAN1003 @KFAN1003
Mike Yeo joins @PAkfanvikes RIGHT NOW and Darcy Kuemper is out on the ice practicing! #mnwild

Penguins4ever

Jun 20, 2013
Europe
Josh Harding

I was wondering whats happening with Josh and whats his injury status as today.Will he be able to play again this season?Or can he stay healthy all year?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
He's expected to be ready for camp, which is awesome news. He'll be able to play this season. As for staying healthy all year... don't think so. It is what it is, though.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Glad to see Harding getting some attention:

Harding Featured With Tribute Card From Upper Deck

HardingCard090414.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad