Josh Harding (Expected to retire)

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
so is he being conditioned for the eventual call-up?

or are you guys gonna ride Kuemper/Backstrom for the season..

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
so is he being conditioned for the eventual call-up?

or are you guys gonna ride Kuemper/Backstrom for the season..

Guessing he's going to be held down there until there's an injury at the very least.

Plus Iowa does need all the help it can get. If he can help our young guys down there build up some confidence I'm all for it.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Josh Harding made 50 saves in Iowa's 5-4 shootout loss at San Antonio. First start since Dec. 31. Wild outshot 54-40. Dumba 1 goal #mnwild

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
Harding

Does Minn plan on playing him anytime soon?

Whats's the latest word on him besides the Iowa game?

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Harding may be injured??

Tony VanDemark @TonyVanDemark · 2h 2 hours ago
@Russostrib @BlountStrib Harding not starting 3rd period. Looked injured and or tired after a shot in 2nd period.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo

Speaking of Charlotte, I updated the top of the last blog that goalie Josh Harding left Saturday’s game after two periods due to dehydration.

It was so serious, he was taken to the hospital and remained hospitalized until he was released late Sunday. Multiple sources say this is related to his multiple sclerosis. Harding is listed day-to-day with dehydration, but this will likely be one of those indefinite day-to-day’s. It’s very unlikely he will play another game for Iowa until this is figured out.

I really think it's getting to that point where he has to consider retirement. It's got to be an agonizing decision to make, but he has to start thinking about his overall health away from the ice.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Russo

I really think it's getting to that point where he has to consider retirement. It's got to be an agonizing decision to make, but he has to start thinking about his overall health away from the ice.

At the same time - like a lesser version of Pronger's situation in Philly - why would he walk away from money?

He can keep getting presumably exceptional healthcare AND at least get the rest of his contract.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Russo

I somehow had the feeling this was another MS complication. :( Unless something changes dramatically, I think he's played his last NHL game. As great as his story is, MS isn't an illness with which you can still play hockey on the highest level for a long time. He's lucky he managed to play after his diagnosis (and he did play well, there's no denying that).

J22*

Russo

The guy has about 6 months left in his professional career, can't really blame him for taking one last run at it.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Why haven't we placed Harding on LTIR? Seriously; he has MS. I think that's enough to place him on LTIR. This is such a failure by the organization to address this concern since it was known. There was no reason after the first 'setback' to keep Harding active. Doesn't matter if Harding feels like it. The organization should have told Harding he was done, he has a job with the team if he wants it in some way, and place him on the LTIR. I wonder how much more damage we've done to him by not forcing him to face the reality of it all.

Was it a nice narrative? Certainly but his health and life should have been more important than his damn career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad