Josh Harding (Expected to retire)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Seriously... guy cannot catch a break whatsoever. I want him so bad to be the guy that leads us in goal to the cup, but man...

Kuemper must be frothing at the mouth right about now.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yup, Kuemper just got a little more leverage. Perfect. :shakehead

Everyone knew Kuemper was going to see significant NHL time this year, Fletcher was messing around over 200k. Should have signed him when he had the chance.

He'll be lucky to get Kuemper for 850k now. I certainly don't want to go into the season with Bryz and Backstrom...

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Seriously... guy cannot catch a break whatsoever. I want him so bad to be the guy that leads us in goal to the cup, but man...

Kuemper must be frothing at the mouth right about now.
Not if they bring Bryz in. What's ******* annoying is that this injury didn't happen on the ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Fletcher's not going into the season with two goalies, that on their best days can be described as "serviceable vets".

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Here we go again. I expected something to happen, but not this early. :cry:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Said it last season, Harding just needs to retire and get it over with. I feel terrible for him and as someone who is dating someone who was just diagnosed with MS, it is even harder because she was starting to follow him religiously this offseason because Hards was giving her hope she would be able to continue being active.

BUT, this team needs to move forward. And I want Bryz over Kemps. Especially after the slick way he's trying to get paid after this season would be over.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I always thought Minny would make a play for someone like Hiller on July 1st. But I guess there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Man, this just sucks for Josh and the team. This dude seriously can't catch a break.

He has all the heart in the world and his body just does not want to agree with him, it's really sad.

We need to stabilize this goaltending drama and be done with it. I love Josh and appreciate his desire to win, but he really should consider retiring.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo:
No prognosis yet on Josh Harding's ankle injury. Fletcher/Yeo will meet with him today. #mnwild is very "frustrated" over injury
Upset Yeo on Nik Backstrom:My full attention is on that guy right there. He’s the one who is here, he’s the one who put in the work #mnwild
Fletcher plans to meet with Josh Harding today to try to ascertain what happened. #mnwild
Fletcher: "Our division got better and we have a lot of work ahead of us and this is not the ideal way to start your season." #mnwild

I wonder if the injury was non-hockey related? If so, Harding really should have been more cautious... From the sound of things, the injury sounds like it could have been avoided. Not sure why else Yeo would be upset and Fletcher frustrated.

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
Russo:

I wonder if the injury was non-hockey related? If so, Harding really should have been more cautious... From the sound of things, the injury sounds like it could have been avoided. Not sure why else Yeo would be upset and Fletcher frustrated.

In his blog yesterday, Russo said it did happen off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad