OT: Josh Gorges appreciation thread

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
In french we say : la bonne volonté ne suffit pas.
It was a trade that we needed to do for the future, because of the reality of the Ch, and because of the NHL reality.

Good luck Gosh!

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
Joshua Daniel Gorges is attending the 2019 Fantasy Camp going on right now. Hopefully they recognize him as he'll be in attendance this evening. My favourite Hab who wore his heart on his sleeve for all the right reasons on an edition of the team that had little of it. Should have been the captain of the team.

Last edited:

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Everyone was demanding he be captain from 2009-2012 and he rejected a trade to Toronto while leading the league in blocked shots every year. Gorges was a team player for the Habs.
Sure he was a team player but I wouldn't go as far as saying he was one of the most popular and beloved Habs. Especially not towards the end of this playing career in Montreal.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I still remember the game where he went down to block a shot. It hit him right on the back of the helmet. I thought for sure he was dead, or at the very least knocked out. What a warrior, and a great team player.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
He was kind of like Craig Rivet. Not real good in any one aspect of the game but an extremely loyal, hard working and respected player. The one difference was Rivet brought a toughness element (fighting ability) that Gorges didn't really have. If I recall they may have been traded for one another.

Reactions: puckeater

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I still remember the game where he went down to block a shot. It hit him right on the back of the helmet. I thought for sure he was dead, or at the very least knocked out. What a warrior, and a great team player.

Reminded me of McCleary

He was kind of like Craig Rivet. Not real good in any one aspect of the game but an extremely loyal, hard working and respected player. The one difference was Rivet brought a toughness element (fighting ability) that Gorges didn't really have. If I recall they may have been traded for one another.

Not sure if serious or a slight joke because how often it's mentioned around here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad