Josh Gorges Announces His Retirement

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Was one of my favorite players back when I started following the team closely. Hell one of my first threads on here was an appreciation thread. He was awesome in the 2010 playoffs with Gill. Hockey has evolved since players of his ilk are becoming more and more rare with players like Braun or Edmundson becoming the new breed of these kind of defensemen. Happy retirement and thank you for nixing the Franson deal since this would have been a worse deal for us than the pick we got in return.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Was bleeding Bleu-Blanc-Rouge....i didn't always liked him but i always respected him for his work ethic.
Still feel it's a shame how Bergevin tried to screw him at the end of his days with the Habs.

Reactions: c3z4r and Redux91

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Guy gave his heart and soul to the Habs, which is all you could ask for. The game caught up and eventually passed him in terms of skillset and what he brought to the table.

I can see him as a coach someday.
IIRC, I know Komisarek did but I'm pretty sure he was behind the bench for a game or two at some point.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Was bleeding Bleu-Blanc-Rouge....i didn't always liked him but i always respected him for his work ethic.
Still feel it's a shame how Bergevin tried to screw him at the end of his days with the Habs.
It's an ongoing theme with this guy. Except for Pleks for some reason.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Limited talent who made up for it with hard work and determination. Great career! An undrafted player who played over 700 NHL games is an impressive feat!

Reactions: Redux91

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
The memory of him that stands out for me was the game he blocked a shot and I was sure he was dead.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Not the most talented guy out there but he set a great example as far as coming in and really buying into the city/organization. His dedication was always above reproach, which is all you can ask for in a professional athlete. Attitude wise I'd take a locker room full of guys like him.

Reactions: Runner77

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Gave everything he had despite his lack of skill, but like a lot of 'vanilla' players, was overused AND misused a lot of times. Was happy they traded him at the time, mainly because of that.

Still, a warrior through and through, worthy of respect.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad