NFL: Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely for PED use

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Imagine supporting someone with mental health issues. What a bunch of morons.

Those awful people! How could they do such a thing?!

NFL was a 3 strikes and your out league. They bent the rules for the Patriots and gave him an extra strike. All this talk now should have happened last year. But he had the Patriots protection so they gave him another chance. If you can't see this then I don't know what to tell you. But you also probably believe 8 minutes of the Bengals coaching box/signals was for a scout documentary.

NFL has softened their stance now that they have ex-players killing themselves or in mental decline. They realize helping the player get thru his problems is a lot better than punishing him. People in general act much different when you help them rather than scold them.

If you know anything w_r_t mental health (you probably don't based on your posts) you'd realize its much better to help people and encourage them than to shame them and shun them.

Yeah, “going away” by going to rehab which the Pats paid for. The Pats were trying to legitimately help the guy.

Never mind that he was the complete opposite of what the Pats look for. Tons of trouble, long suspension history, addict etc.

Reactions: I Am A Goon

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
NFL has softened their stance now that they have ex-players killing themselves or in mental decline. They realize helping the player get thru his problems is a lot better than punishing him. People in general act much different when you help them rather than scold them.

If you know anything w_r_t mental health (you probably don't based on your posts) you'd realize its much better to help people and encourage them than to shame them and shun them.

I get all that but if you can't see the rule bending and double standard for the Patriots regarding Josh Gordon then I don't know what to tell you.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I get all that but if you can't see the rule bending and double standard for the Patriots regarding Josh Gordon then I don't know what to tell you.

Again... there was no rule bending..... the NFL has changed its stance on players. They didn't want guys killing themselves or becoming addicts so they decided its best to rehab an individual and not punish them. People almost ALWAYS react negatively when you punish them. Gordon also has serious mental health issues and cutting him off from football would likely make them even worse.

Its hilarious you think the NFL bends the rules for the Pats when Brady got suspended 4 games, the team lost a first round pick and was fined half a million dollars for Deflategate, which was never proven to be a real thing. Goodell sure bent the rules for them there!

member 157595

Again... there was no rule bending..... the NFL has changed its stance on players. They didn't want guys killing themselves or becoming addicts so they decided its best to rehab an individual and not punish them. People almost ALWAYS react negatively when you punish them. Gordon also has serious mental health issues and cutting him off from football would likely make them even worse.

Its hilarious you think the NFL bends the rules for the Pats when Brady got suspended 4 games, the team lost a first round pick and was fined half a million dollars for Deflategate, which was never proven to be a real thing. Goodell sure bent the rules for them there!

The dude loves the Patriots as much as BKIslandersFan loves Jared Goff. Pure, unrepentant adoration.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
the NFL has changed its stance on players. They didn't want guys killing themselves or becoming addicts so they decided its best to rehab an individual and not punish them. People almost ALWAYS react negatively when you punish them. Gordon also has serious mental health issues and cutting him off from football would likely make them even worse.

Great and I agree. So why is everybody in the media saying he's done and never getting another chance? Lets get him some help and get him back out there next year like the narrative last year. Oh... Yeah... He doesn't play for the Patriots anymore so this was his last chance.

First off, this was a perfect situation to stir up the Patriots vs Goodell and distract people from the fact Kraft helped Goodell get his job and they are friends. If you honestly fell for that, I don't know what to tell you. You really think Goodel/NFL has it out for you? Trust me you'd know. You wouldn't win 3 Super Bowls during that time. You wouldn't get every call in your favor. Look at the Gordon double standard. Kraft would have been forced to sell the team for his off-season transgressions. Chung wouldn't have been allowed to play. Your recent cheating video would have been released during a slow sports day during the week and not 30 minutes before Sunday games.

Secondly, I have footballs that have sat in the garage thru 8 winters and had more air than the Patriots footballs. Also, if you can't see the advantages of catching/holding onto a football in a rainy football game that isn't pumped up to regulation and deflated. Then you've never thrown a football around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad