Confirmed with Link: Josh Brown to Boston

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Is the intention to re-sign Senyshyn?
He's UFA I think, but I could see him re-upping on a two-way given the combination of being a local boy and the opportunity present in our line-up. He's still young, it's not impossible that he could play his way onto the roster as much as any other prospect.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He's UFA I think, but I could see him re-upping on a two-way given the combination of being a local boy and the opportunity present in our line-up. He's still young, it's not impossible that he could play his way onto the roster as much as any other prospect.

I doubt he is signed here after his contract expires.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think this trade was only consummated if the Senators took back a contract in return. It helped that he was from Ottawa.

I dunno about that... Bruins have a bunch of contract space and Senyshyn is probably owed like $50k at this point.

I doubt he is signed here after his contract expires.
Depends on how much he is offered here, but he definitely won't get an NHL contract, almost definitely won't get a raise on his 200k minor salary, and almost definitely won't find a better opportunity. Plus this is his hometown. If we have any interest, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him back next year.

Reactions: Yak

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

25 in a couple of a days isn't super young by NHL standards. Basically the same age as Clark Bishop, Dylan Gambrell, Adam Gaudette but has done less at the NHL/AHL level. I know there's pedigree here, but seems like he just kind of is what he is at this point.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Upgraded our 6/7th round pick to a 5th for Josh Brown? Hell yes even if Senyshyn never plays a game.

Senyshyn about to realize he's not even good enough to crack the Senators line up.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've always felt that Senyshyn would've been an okay bottom-six NHL forward if he hadn't been weighed down by the circumstances of his draft position. It may be too late for him to develop, but I think he could contribute with regular playing time on the 4th line on a new team.

He's not untalented, but he's become the poster child for bad draft picks because Sweeney reached for him about 2 rounds too soon while two blue chip forward prospects in Barzal and Connor were sitting there (along with Chabot). So he was thrown into a situation where there was a lot of pressure and scrutiny on him, Boston fans weren't unwelcoming but the mention of his name is basically always followed with "we could've had Barzal...", and honestly the organization never gave him a chance to play regularly in the NHL. His AHL numbers are enough to warrant more than 14 career games, but they wouldn't call him up.

I wish him well in Ottawa, just as long as he's not facing the Bruins.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Hope he succeeds here (whether he's in belleville or gets called up for the big club). This trade is an addition by subtraction of JBrown, but then again, Dorion went ahead and got Hamonic so in the bigger picture we're still shit

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I’m guessing the talks started around white for debrusk??
Really too bad that couldn’t get done if it was a possibly at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad