Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It would be nice to get his $5 mil off the books ,along with Leddy,Knuckles,Ladd, MDC,Martin,Lee,Komarov, Bailey,Brassard and although I love him Boychuk. If we can get rid of half of them we will have good money to spend on offense. Besides the UFA’s
That’s 10 of 28 guys ,that’s 1/3 of our lineup,that’s why we can’t score,dead wood

Yeah, it's totally ridiculous that 1/3 of the roster takes up 1/3 of the lineup.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I actually like Bailey and think while his contract is a little high I still want him on the team. Who are we going to replace him with?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I actually like Bailey and think while his contract is a little high I still want him on the team. Who are we going to replace him with?

Obviously I like him, but if the cap is that big of an issue then it's definitely an option. Wahlstrom or Bellows are potentials to replace him. Koivula maybe.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Where is this coming from? Is Bailey leaving this offseason?

He's one of the forwards without any trade protection that has value and would clear cap space. It's possible he gets moved if space is needed, but I'd suspect Leddy would be more likely since we're deeper defensively.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
He's one of the forwards without any trade protection that has value and would clear cap space. It's possible he gets moved if space is needed, but I'd suspect Leddy would be more likely since we're deeper defensively.

Actually now that you mention it as a result of that "no trade protection" it's possible that Bailey is lost to Seattle in the expansion draft.

And other teams will know that and thus his value, along with other teams' players due to the expansion draft and flat cap, will be lower than usual.

Reactions: beach

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Bailey's going to be a Kraken.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Actually now that you mention it as a result of that "no trade protection" it's possible that Bailey is lost to Seattle in the expansion draft.

And other teams will know that and thus his value, along with other teams' players due to the expansion draft and flat cap, will be lower than usual.

Nobody on the Isles roster has protection from the expansion draft so I don't think that's true.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Bailey now with 23 career playoff points, just passed PJB who had 22.. 35 games so not lighting it up but a respectable and steady 54 point per season pace Highest career playoff points for any Islander who did not play in the 70s or 80s,'..

13th in franchise regular season points, 9th in assists (27 assists from top 5 so may get there with another full season at current pace).. just sayin'.

Trotz, PK and I like his "quiet compete" level.

Bones just hope you will be there the night they add him to the islander HOF banner.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Bailey now with 23 career playoff points, just passed PJB who had 22.. 35 games so not lighting it up but a respectable and steady 54 point per season pace Highest career playoff points for any Islander who did not play in the 70s or 80s,'..

13th in franchise regular season points, 9th in assists (27 assists from top 5 so may get there with another full season at current pace).. just sayin'.

Bones just hope you will be there the night they add him to the islander HOF banner.
He'll retire an Islander and will head straight to the front office. Lou's succession plan. GM Bailey...

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY

I think its only guys with No Movement Clauses that HAVE to be protected. All our guys have either No Trade Clauses or nothing, so I don't think anyone HAS to be protected.

But to your point, I think I would leave Bailey exposed.

On the expansion draft topic, we can protect one goalie, but have to expose at least one goalie as well, and Sorokin is exempt.... Varly seems to be the only goalie under contract for next year that would fit the exposure requirements - does that mean we protect zero goalies?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
On the expansion draft topic, we can protect one goalie, but have to expose at least one goalie as well, and Sorokin is exempt.... Varly seems to be the only goalie under contract for next year that would fit the exposure requirements - does that mean we protect zero goalies?

Can we expose Dipietro? Isn't he still under contract?

Reactions: Beacon Isles

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Pffttt, he's always just a product of everyone else. He never contributes towards the success. How many hits though?!

Reactions: 19 in a row

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Pffttt, he's always just a product of everyone else. He never contributes towards the success. How many hits though?!

He has 6 hits for these playoffs lol, more than Eberle, Barzal, Toews and Boychuk combined (how is that for using stats selectively? although it is more than I expected. Pelech and Lee tied at 15 for team lead.). I don't expect him to take on Wilson next game but you never know, he is our Swiss Army knife...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think its only guys with No Movement Clauses that HAVE to be protected. All our guys have either No Trade Clauses or nothing, so I don't think anyone HAS to be protected.

But to your point, I think I would leave Bailey exposed.

I assume you could NOT protect 1 goalie, but since not doing so doesn't gain you an additional forward spot you might as well.

Also you are correct that only no MOVEMENT clauses have to be protected. NTCs are fair game. Since no one on the Isles has a MNC anyone can be exposed.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Are there actually still Isles fans who hate this guy? All he’s really guilty of is being rushed to the show, and not producing at a star level at a time when JT was spoiling us.

I mean, people disliked him off the bat because he wasn’t Filatov or Schenn or Hodgson or Beach - in hindsight, thank the Gods.

All this guy does is show up and go to work. He’s a class act who bleeds orange and blue. Who the hell would have thought 10 years ago that this guy would outlast JT here? Or that in 2019, one of Bailey and Tavares would be a fan favorite, and the other would be booed out of the building. Crazy how life works.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Josh is going to 31 in 6 weeks ,is from Ontario, and was a top 10 pick.

865 games played
154goals
322 assists
476 points
————————-

Player X just turned 31 ,is from Ontario, and was also a top 10 pick.
844 games
164 goals
295 assists
459 points

Who is player X ? Try to guess without looking up the players by age or points .
He is still active
Similar in many ways to Bailey.
While Bailey will be in the Isles HOF this player will be in no HOF.
I would not want him on this team but I believe we had HF fans that wanted him on our team 5 years ago or more .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad