Player Discussion: Josh Bailey

crasherino

May 9, 2013

You've gotta give the Blue and Orange Army guys (and girls) a lot credit - they are really creative in the stuff they come up with. Tavares' return wasn't just a repetition of "A$$hole...!" there was some real good lines there. And while the Bailey song may have only taken off last year in full, its been around for a long while.

Those guys really stir up the crowd and get everyone going and mix it up. Its amazing what a few enthusiastic people can do with a drum.

Reactions: dood

YoureMyBoyLou

Sep 20, 2007
New York, NY
You've gotta give the Blue and Orange Army guys (and girls) a lot credit - they are really creative in the stuff they come up with. Tavares' return wasn't just a repetition of "A$$hole...!" there was some real good lines there. And while the Bailey song may have only taken off last year in full, its been around for a long while.

Those guys really stir up the crowd and get everyone going and mix it up. Its amazing what a few enthusiastic people can do with a drum.

So it's my interpretation that originally the song was kinda mocking Bailey for not really doing much ever and being a disappointment, but it seems like it has evolved (like Bailey) to be a more endearing song about him. Does anyone agree or disagree with that sentiment?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So it's my interpretation that originally the song was kinda mocking Bailey for not really doing much ever and being a disappointment, but it seems like it has evolved (like Bailey) to be a more endearing song about him. Does anyone agree or disagree with that sentiment?

That is correct and Bailey knows that songs has been going on a lot longer than just the last couple years. It's hard not to hear that group when there was only 1,000 people in the building earlier in his career.

Reactions: bigtim1988

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I think it was originally started as an ode to a player who was routinely mocked - not necessarily mocking him. More like "Hey - I like the whipping boy."

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I think it was originally started as an ode to a player who was routinely mocked - not necessarily mocking him. More like "Hey - I like the whipping boy."
Close. They were mocking him but disguised that mocking as an ode through a mock. It's a complex situation.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Attachments

• 20191026_214959.jpg
    20191026_214959.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 11

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Bailey will tie Bob Bourne (another of my fav all time Islanders) for 5th all time in games played for us tonight at 814. Only Trottier, Potvin, Nystrom and Gillies will have played more in the blue and orange.

He is 5 behind Bourne for 10th all time in assists. 9 of the 10 played in a least one cup final for us (Flatley in the year we lost) , the other being that guy who plays for the leafs, that we will have fun with tonight. Looking forward to being there.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Bailey will tie Bob Bourne (another of my fav all time Islanders) for 5th all time in games played for us tonight at 814. Only Trottier, Potvin, Nystrom and Gillies will have played more in the blue and orange.

He is 5 behind Bourne for 10th all time in assists. 9 of the 10 played in a least one cup final for us (Flatley in the year we lost) , the other being that guy who plays for the leafs, that we will have fun with tonight. Looking forward to being there.

He will be #1 in a few years.

Was just thinking about this. If Bailey finishes he contract here he'll be 34 and have player 1200+ games with the Isles (and even more if he re-signs) so do we see #12 sent to the rafters in the later years??

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Was just thinking about this. If Bailey finishes he contract here he'll be 34 and have player 1200+ games with the Isles (and even more if he re-signs) so do we see #12 sent to the rafters in the later years??

Bailey is my fav current Isles but realistically think he is on pace for the Isles HOF but not having his #12 retired n the rafters, that is sacred territory (unless we win a few cups and he wins a conn smythe along the way..it could happen.. lol. )

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bailey is my fav current Isles but realistically think he is on pace for the Isles HOF but not having his #12 retired n the rafters, that is sacred territory (unless we win a few cups and he wins a conn smythe along the way..it could happen.. lol. )

I'm with you, only players who have won a cup with the Islanders deserve to have their jersey raised.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Bailey, second highest points on the team, demoted to third line and -1.

Raise THIS to the rafters....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad