Player Discussion Josh Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He was ready to play this year if CBJ had gotten past 1st round.

It's a shoulder injury, hardly debilitating.

He's 100% healthy and ready to go and will have had ample time to build strength in that shoulder before next puck drop

Shoulder surgeries, after head injuries, are the type of injuries that sometimes don't heal and leave one vulnerable to repeated injuries.

If this is not the case with this injury, I like the move. If it's not, I don't. We'll see.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If only someone can make a video compilation of all his worst plays...

Ive always told people tho, you could make a 10 minute video of Patrick Roys worse ever plays too and people would think he was the worst goalie who ever lived, and nowhere near where people hold him in the all time rankings

It goes both ways, and context for sure matters

What the guy was trying to say was at least he got some kind of a GOOD look at him, some hightlights arent JUST about the puck going into the net

What Anderson brings, we didnt have
What Domi brought, is replaced AND upgraded by Suzuki.

Its a gamble you have to make

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Shoulder surgeries, after head injuries, are the type of injuries that sometimes don't heal and leave one vulnerable to repeated injuries.

If this is not the case with this injury, I like the move. If it's not, I don't. We'll see.

Yeah I've been saying this as well. It might not be the kind of thing that forces retirement, but it's definitely one of the more difficult injuries to deal with.

It's also the main point of contact, which is why I worry that he might not play that same way he did before.

None of this is known and it is all speculation, but so is saying he is 100% and will be just fine after he wasn't even capable of playing after 8.5 months.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I wonder what it will cost to keep him. It might be beneficial to risk a long term deal to lower the AAV with the additional leverage from his poor season.

Maybe something like 4m x 6 years? Am I crazy?

That would be a dream, but odds are he gets 5 M

The great news is a 6 year deal would take him to age 32-33 , the perfect walk away after using a players prime

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Love that speed

Thats why im so glad his "MAJOR" injury wasnt lower body
After watching Alex Tuch in the bubble, it's that combo of size and speed that keeps me optimistic about this trade, bordeline hyped lol. Let's just hope he can stay healthy

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Honestly, after viewing that highlight reel, he's very skilled and fast for his size. I haven't had the opportunity to watch him play often but he seems like a good pickup. Sure, it sucks to see Domi go, but I think this could work out in our favor.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
He's a very reasonable choice to play on Suzuki's wing.
Armia isn't ? This woodhand grinder is not going to remove Armia from that spot. Not after what DSA-trio did in the playoffs.

Anderson can grind with Lehkonen all i care.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yeah I've been saying this as well. It might not be the kind of thing that forces retirement, but it's definitely one of the more difficult injuries to deal with.

It's also the main point of contact, which is why I worry that he might not play that same way he did before.

None of this is known and it is all speculation, but so is saying he is 100% and will be just fine after he wasn't even capable of playing after 8.5 months.

Ok just because this is more than the first time you bring up this 8.5 months business I just have to kind of clarify it better for you and everyone else

His surgery date was March 2, the first game of the extended season was August 1, so not only is that not 8.5 months
That is exactly FIVE months between those 2 dates
And :
Active
Anderson (shoulder) has recovered from shoulder surgery and would have played in the postseason had Columbus advanced, Aaron Portzline of The Athletic reports.

So we need to stop this injury prone and his shoulder is at risk talk for the time being honestly

he's about to get another 4-5 months to heal it even better

Reactions: Deebs

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Ive always told people tho, you could make a 10 minute video of Patrick Roys worse ever plays too and people would think he was the worst goalie who ever lived, and nowhere near where people hold him in the all time rankings

It goes both ways, and context for sure matters

What the guy was trying to say was at least he got some kind of a GOOD look at him, some hightlights arent JUST about the puck going into the net

What Anderson brings, we didnt have
What Domi brought, is replaced AND upgraded by Suzuki.

Its a gamble you have to make

Anderson has a really interesting mix of speed, skills, size and toughness that's for sure.

We gave more proven value but can get back something we really need. Just hope the shoulder problem won't be affecting him in the future.

It sure is an interesting gamble. Something that could really pay off.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad