Value of: Josh Anderson

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No, he signed a 3 year deal 1.5 year ago. 1.85M a year and he got screwed by management. Kid probably loves it there, but I'm sure his agent will be looking to cash in on the next one.

Jackets will have plenty of cash to pay him after next year, and he'll get it if he continues on his pace.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Could not imagine them moving him....

I’m sure there’s a price, but it would and should be steep considering what he brings

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Watch the play from last game where he was going up the ice and flat out beat a guy in a foot race who was a good few feet ahead of him then as the guy tried to knock him off the puck he took one arm off the stick and Marshawn lynch beast mode said get off me and then used the other arm for a perfect cross ice pass that was damn near a goal if Dzingle just didnt get a little too much under it and see why there is 0 chance he goes.

Its like Ben Affleck's character says about Bruce Willis' character before he blows the asteroid in Armageddon... he's to stubborn to fail.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He is going no where in the short run. Only chance is if contract discussions don’t go well next summer. You can assume that he is going to want to try to squeeze every dollar out of his next deal after he got the screws put to him on his current deal.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I agree he is trending upward and seems to have all the tools to be a high end player, which is why i want him on my team. trying to gauge exactly what CBJ needs without knowing exactly how this offseason ends up for them with Panarin and Bob.
Honestly what they need is more players like Anderson. If his growth continues he can be a 30g, 20a (or better) player that plays every situation and creates space for his teammates. My hope is that Duchene re-signs and has an opportunity to play with Andy. I think that would be a very dynamic long term pair in the top 6

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Yeah, hard to see him moved if unless for an upgrade at forward. He spent about half of last season on the top line, and this year has been mostly second or third line but has driven whatever line he has been on. Should be valued as a young 25-30 goal scorer that can grow into a regular top line player. Currently probably a really good second line player that is physically dominant with his size and speed. But there are plenty of first lines he can play on around the league.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh FFS. Did Kypreos go on one of his daydream rambles about Andy again? Is that why we're being subjected to another one of these threads?

We gave up William G-ddamned Karlsson so we could keep him, and right now it's looking like we chose wisely. Don't. ****ing. Ask. He's not available. If you want Josh Anderson on your team, become a Blue Jackets fan.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Where did he say this?

@ 3:45 “Nick isn’t here and Andy(Josh Anderson) is probably our best player right now, so that’s not going to happen,” Tortorella said.

You could argue that Columbus's best player is Panarin or maybe Jones or Bobrovsky or some might say Atkinson, and Tortorella is saying Anderson, and clearly he is held in very high esteem and the cost to get him would hurt and hurt a lot.

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If he were ever made available, I would love the Flames to grab him. Would cost a pretty penny though and with good reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00