Value of: Josh Anderson

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
A lot more than people are willing to give up. I think he’s a little bit better than Tom Wilson. He’s more disciplined and a better goal scorer.

I don’t know exactly what to offer, but it would be a lot

Reactions: Mitts888

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
A lot more than people are willing to give up. I think he’s a little bit better than Tom Wilson. He’s more disciplined and a better goal scorer.

Yup. He’s one of those guys that teams don’t trade.

Reactions: Meeqs

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

Well what direction would CBJ be going? picks and prospects route or are we looking for NHL players + picks?

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
for now. 1 year left then he will get paid.

missread capfriendly had to edit.
No, he signed a 3 year deal 1.5 year ago. 1.85M a year and he got screwed by management. Kid probably loves it there, but I'm sure his agent will be looking to cash in on the next one.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I'm not sure there is another size, speed, skill, snarl level player like Josh. He's damn good now and has shown he improves every year. Stats are starting to show. He's a great talent that should be around a long time. And, no, he did not get screwed by the organization. They used the only leverage they would have prior to it switching to the player's favor. They knew they would pay and Josh will get paid without a frown from CBJ brass.

Reactions: Byrral

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm not sure there is another size, speed, skill, snarl level player like Josh. He's damn good now and has shown he improves every year. Stats are starting to show. He's a great talent that should be around a long time. And, no, he did not get screwed by the organization. They used the only leverage they would have prior to it switching to the player's favor. They knew they would pay and Josh will get paid without a frown from CBJ brass.
I agree he is trending upward and seems to have all the tools to be a high end player, which is why i want him on my team. trying to gauge exactly what CBJ needs without knowing exactly how this offseason ends up for them with Panarin and Bob.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Assuming Panarin is all but gone this offseason, FWD + D + Pick? I do not watch CBJ which D is more wanted left or right? depth chart doesnt really show me game play.
They’re a team trying to compete.

It’ll probably be for a young M6 winger with upside and a T4 upside D that are both in the NHL. That’s a fair offer. Which players fill that makeup... idk. You can take the pick out

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
They’re a team trying to compete.

It’ll probably be for a young M6 winger with upside and a T4 upside D that are both in the NHL. That’s a fair offer. Which players fill that makeup... idk. You can take the pick out

It may be fair, but I wouldn't guess CBJ accepts something like that. Why would they? They don't need any more M6 wingers. They don't need any more top 4 D. They need Josh Anderson.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
It may be fair, but I wouldn't guess CBJ accepts something like that. Why would they? They don't need any more M6 wingers. They don't need any more top 4 D. They need Josh Anderson.
I must’ve worded it weirdly. I meant like an established young M6 winger with upside. Like the winger would grow into something more you know?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I must’ve worded it weirdly. I meant like an established young M6 winger with upside. Like the winger would grow into something more you know?

But why would CBJ downgrade from Josh Anderson to a different winger with upside in order to pick up a 2nd pairing defenseman? They need top line guys, and Anderson sometimes plays on the top line already.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Anderson, PLD, Bjorkstrand, and Atkinson are going to be counted on to lead the offense next year. Unless you feel like adding someone to this mix, and then some, Anderson isn't going to get moved. Dude is a beast.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
But why would CBJ downgrade from Josh Anderson to a different winger with upside in order to pick up a 2nd pairing defenseman? They need top line guys, and Anderson sometimes plays on the top line already.
I’m not saying they would do it. Pretty sure this is a value of trade. The 2nd poster said he’s someone you don’t trade. I completely agree. To me, his value is a M6 established young winger with upside and a NHL Dman with T4 upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad