Value of: Josh Anderson

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yeah, um, no. As useful as Andy has been to this team, RNH has proven more, produced more, and plays the more difficult position.
Eh, I'm not a fan of RNH. This season is his first season of actually decent per 60 numbers. He's a pretty average player.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Eh, I'm not a fan of RNH. This season is his first season of actually decent per 60 numbers. He's a pretty average player.
He's not what one would expect from a 1st overall pick, no, but that doesn't mean he sucks or something.

He's kind of the Ryan Murray of centers - picked high due to perceived high potential and decent baseline, started out really good out of the gate, improvement further was expected but never really came, and so folks have convinced themselves they're crappy players because they never seized higher potential while forgetting that they were still pretty awesome to begin with.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He's not what one would expect from a 1st overall pick, no, but that doesn't mean he sucks or something.

He's kind of the Ryan Murray of centers - picked high due to perceived high potential and decent baseline, started out really good out of the gate, improvement further was expected but never really came, and so folks have convinced themselves they're crappy players because they never seized higher potential while forgetting that they were still pretty awesome to begin with.
If given the choice between Murray and RNH I'm taking Murray every time.

Reactions: mikeyp24

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
You don't watch RNH you just cherry pick stats.

He's a very good 2nd line center.
I catch my fair share of oilers games. RNH is decent. He's got some skill but needs linemates and favorable ice time to produce. Ideally if he's your second line center you would want really good wingers with him. He'd be good as a third line center on an elite team.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
A Hurricanes fan accusing me of having reading comprehension problems? Lol. How’s turning Haydn Fleury and spare parts into a 1C going?

You only have one house. (I’ll assume anyway). 30 point wingers are a dime a dozen. Laboured metaphor at best.

Saying ‘we’d prefer not to move Anderson’ is a hell of a lot more sensible than ‘it’d take a top 6 C’.

I'd love you to link where I proposed Fleury+ for a 1C. Hell, I'd like to see where any Canes fan other than bd58 did. I've never seen it.

What has happened is other fans have come asking for Fleury, and just like in this thread, told that there's no point moving him to not fill the obvious hole on the roster. And you took that just as badly as you did this one.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd love you to link where I proposed Fleury+ for a 1C. Hell, I'd like to see where any Canes fan other than bd58 did. I've never seen it.

What has happened is other fans have come asking for Fleury, and just like in this thread, told that there's no point moving him to not fill the obvious hole on the roster. And you took that just as badly as you did this one.

I doubt that very much since I sincerely question Fleury’s upside as an NHLer, never mind as a top 4 option.

Just like I didn’t come asking for Anderson, I’d definitely never come beating Carolina’s door down for Fleury. Hell I’d never even consider timidly knocking on the door.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I doubt that very much since I sincerely question Fleury’s upside as an NHLer, never mind as a top 4 option.

Just like I didn’t come asking for Anderson, I’d definitely never come beating Carolina’s door down for Fleury. Hell I’d never even consider timidly knocking on the door.

Talk to this guy then.

Would be a great fit on the McNuge line to win board battles and do the dirty work down low on the RW.

Columbus is not interested in trading him unless you make a significant overpayment.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015

And that's fine, you don't have to. But if you look at the threads involving Canes D over the last couple months, about 90% are from opposing fans, just like this thread was for Columbus. And when that happens, it's not surprising fans come back saying overpayment or no deal.

To get back to the original thread, I'd love Anderson on the Canes. I wanted him earlier when it looked like he might not sign. But unless he wants to cause trouble in his next contract negotiation I'm thinking he'll be too expensive. Anything the Canes can realistically offer?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
And that's fine, you don't have to. But if you look at the threads involving Canes D over the last couple months, about 90% are from opposing fans, just like this thread was for Columbus. And when that happens, it's not surprising fans come back saying overpayment or no deal.

To get back to the original thread, I'd love Anderson on the Canes. I wanted him earlier when it looked like he might not sign. But unless he wants to cause trouble in his next contract negotiation I'm thinking he'll be too expensive. Anything the Canes can realistically offer?

Weren’t you paying attention earlier? Aho or Necas, bud. ;)

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Cool, buddy, so because the Oilers value Jujhar Khaira highly I should be free and clear to say he only moves for a top 4 RHD, then?

Oilers players are never worth as much as oilees fans think they are, you do understand that right ?

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

I don't see a great fit because these two teams have the same relative strengths: defense and smaller skilled wings and weakness at center ice and to some degree goalie.

Weren’t you paying attention earlier? Aho or Necas, bud. ;)

That's just not needed. No one is attacking your Oilers. Columbus just doesn't want what the Oilers can offer. Nothing to see here.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Josh Anderson is just a 30 point guy and they are everywhere. Hes not that good so we will do everyone a favor and hang onto him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad