Value of: Josh Anderson

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Don't see a trade fit. CBJ need a top 6 center. On the Oilers 1 isn't available (McDavid), 1 has a huge cap hit (Drai) and would take other pieces (Jones and Werenski aren't available) and the 3rd one you want Andy to play with him (Nuge).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Why would we want to give him up? He's been doing well for us, and we're not exactly lacking in essentials aside from top-6 centers, which he's not good enough to return in a deal.

Reactions: Fro

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Can't imagine why the Jackets would move him. Young, loads of potential, big and physical. He's the personification of that team.

He would look awesome with McDavid though.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Anderson looks pretty good in the Jackets lineup, so we'll keep him instead. I don't see the Jackets and Oilers as good trade partners.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We need a top 6 center. Unless you have that, he's probably not for sale.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
He is definitely valued to us as a top 6 winger now. He was leading the team in goals for a good portion of the year. Last season was on the 3rd line almost all year. This year he has spent about half the year on the first line.

He can be a downright dominant player with his speed and size.

I’ll echo everyone else in that we are mostly only looking for a top 6 center if we had any desire to move him, which we don’t currently, and Edmonton’s three centers obviously aren’t moving for him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Which was rightfully acknowledged by at least one jackets fan in the thread. That doesnt mean they should trade him for less though, kid.

Cool, buddy, so because the Oilers value Jujhar Khaira highly I should be free and clear to say he only moves for a top 4 RHD, then?

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Cool, buddy, so because the Oilers value Jujhar Khaira highly I should be free and clear to say he only moves for a top 4 RHD, then?

Well it's nice to know you don't just have reading comprehension problems in threads for Canes Dmen. Yes, that's what you would say, because no team is ever obligated to trade a player.

There's a difference between what a player is worth and what he'd take to acquire that most people on here can't seem to understand. If there isn't a personality or contract issue, why would a team feel obligated to trade a player for perceived "fair value?" There's no point if they weren't already looking to make a trade.

It's like if you walked up to my door today and offered me fair market value for my house. I'd tell you no, go away. Because I'm not looking to move, I have no obligation and won't put myself through the trouble just for the hell of it. You want to buy my house that I don't want to sell right now? It's gonna cost a fair bit above fair price, or I just happily stay where I am

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Anderson+Wennberg+Murray
for
Draisitl

Panarin-Draisaitl-Foligno
Jenner-Dubois-Atkinson
Milano-Dubinsky-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Sedlak-Letestu

Werenski-Jones
Cole-Savard
Kukan-Nutivaara

--

RNH-McDavid-Anderson
Lucic-Wennberg-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Strome-Aberg
Slepyshev-Khaira-Kassian

Klefbom-Sekera
Nurse-Russell
Murray-Larsson

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Anderson+Wennberg+Murray
for
Draisitl

Panarin-Draisaitl-Foligno
Jenner-Dubois-Atkinson
Milano-Dubinsky-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Sedlak-Letestu

Werenski-Jones
Cole-Savard
Kukan-Nutivaara

--

RNH-McDavid-Anderson
Lucic-Wennberg-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Strome-Aberg
Slepyshev-Khaira-Kassian

Klefbom-Sekera
Nurse-Russell
Murray-Larsson

Draisaitl isn’t available.

Notice that I didn’t quote you some asinine asking price miles more than he’s worth, like ‘it’d take Jones++’?

That’s because that’s what more people should do when they have zero interest in moving a player.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well it's nice to know you don't just have reading comprehension problems in threads for Canes Dmen. Yes, that's what you would say, because no team is ever obligated to trade a player.

There's a difference between what a player is worth and what he'd take to acquire that most people on here can't seem to understand. If there isn't a personality or contract issue, why would a team feel obligated to trade a player for perceived "fair value?" There's no point if they weren't already looking to make a trade.

It's like if you walked up to my door today and offered me fair market value for my house. I'd tell you no, go away. Because I'm not looking to move, I have no obligation and won't put myself through the trouble just for the hell of it. You want to buy my house that I don't want to sell right now? It's gonna cost a fair bit above fair price, or I just happily stay where I am

A Hurricanes fan accusing me of having reading comprehension problems? Lol. How’s turning Haydn Fleury and spare parts into a 1C going?

You only have one house. (I’ll assume anyway). 30 point wingers are a dime a dozen. Laboured metaphor at best.

Saying ‘we’d prefer not to move Anderson’ is a hell of a lot more sensible than ‘it’d take a top 6 C’.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think the expected return on Anderson seems quite high, although if you don't want to move someone, you just don't want to move them.

As a Leafs fan i'd offer up Brown 1 for 1 for Anderson.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Saying ‘we’d prefer not to move Anderson’ is a hell of a lot more sensible than ‘it’d take a top 6 C’.
But saying that inevitably turns into a "but of course you can move him, he's not a core player or anything, OMG you people overrate your players SO MUCH" heap o' nonsense. So we tried to explain why we prefer not - we only have the one need, and he's not returning that. You seem bound and determined to be offended by this regardless.

We didn't offer the guy. Y'all asked.
and the price for Ryan Johansen circa 2011 is still Jordan Eberle circa 2011

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Why are people acting like he wasn't leading us in goals ahead of Panarin until he was hurt in only his 2nd season? He had 20 goals as a rookie only playing 3rd line with no PP. CBJ players historically all even out in scoring and score as a team rather then 4 stand outs and 9 average guy's most stay within a reasonable amount of each other.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Yes, that's pretty much how it works, Pal. Someone asked the Value of Josh Anderson. Since the Jackets currently own his rights, they set the value. They aren't inclined to sell him to the Oilers just because the Oilers want him.

Saying he isnt available just leads to ridiculous "lol at Anderson being unavailable. 30 point wingers being untouchable, never change HF."

Of all the dumb stuff that gets said on HF, this probably isn't the hill you want to die on.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

That's a pretty good analogy there. Needs to be used in these trade threads more often! :thumbu:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
A Hurricanes fan accusing me of having reading comprehension problems? Lol. How’s turning Haydn Fleury and spare parts into a 1C going?

You only have one house. (I’ll assume anyway). 30 point wingers are a dime a dozen. Laboured metaphor at best.

A) the analogy is perfectly suitable. I own something. I dont want to get rid of it. If you really want it, you'll pay what I'm asking for or you cant have it. Quite simple, really. Doesnt matter if I have one house or 20. If i want to keep them all, i keep them all. I'm in no way inclined to sell it to you just because there are others available.

B) if they're that readily available, you should have no problem finding someone else to harass for theirs, and this whole thing can end. Hooray!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad