Value of: Josh Anderson to BOS

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
CLB will not likely be a playoff team this year and are missing their 2019 2nd and 3rd round picks. They will want to replenish their cupboards at the deadline.

While Josh Anderson was excellent last year he has struggled with injury or poor play so far...and is an RFA at the end of the year. CLB might not want to part with him, but for the sake of conversation, what would it for Boston to pry him away?

Perhaps keep in mind, Mark Stone went to Vegas for a 2nd, a top D prospect and a bottom 6 winger last year...and he RESIGNED with Vegas. Josh Anderson will never be Mark Stone, but perhaps he could slot in as David Krejci's RW.

Thoughts on Anderson's value?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
CLB will not likely be a playoff team this year and are missing their 2019 2nd and 3rd round picks. They will want to replenish their cupboards at the deadline.

While Josh Anderson was excellent last year he has struggled with injury or poor play so far...and is an RFA at the end of the year. CLB might not want to part with him, but for the sake of conversation, what would it for Boston to pry him away?

Perhaps keep in mind, Mark Stone went to Vegas for a 2nd, a top D prospect and a bottom 6 winger last year...and he RESIGNED with Vegas. Josh Anderson will never be Mark Stone, but perhaps he could slot in as David Krejci's RW.

I mean he is expiring as an RFA not a UFA so it is a very very different situation than Mark Stone.

Columbus fans really seem high on him so I doubt he is available

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs would have to be in on Anderson (or so i'd hope)

Kasperi Kapanen + 2nd
or
Andreas Johnsson + 2nd
or
Jeremy Bracco + Player + Pick
or
Josh Anderson + Zach Werenski for Mitch Marner +
or
Josh Anderson + David Savard for William Nylander +

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Josh Anderson, is exactly what the Bruins need.............make this happen , but the front office is not capable of making such a deal........

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wait for @Viqsi and she will tell you NO NUH-UH NOPE NIET NON
Yeah, that just about covers it. ;)

We have zero interest in trading Josh Anderson for anything that even distantly resembles what you might consider to be in the neighborhood of "fair value". It's not worth asking. Really. He may not be a star producer, but he provides a necessary skillset that is deceptively difficult to replace.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
The BJ's shouldn't move him for anything considered "reasonable" as he's the least of their issues.

I'm not convinced there's a deal to be had between the two teams, but if there was it's certainly more than Bjork/Senyshyn and picks.

Reactions: cslebn

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yeah, that just about covers it. ;)

We have zero interest in trading Josh Anderson for anything that even distantly resembles what you might consider to be in the neighborhood of "fair value". It's not worth asking. Really. He may not be a star producer, but he provides a necessary skillset that is deceptively difficult to replace.
Basically Lucic for us when he was good - only a gross overpayment will get the job done.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Basically Lucic for us when he was good - only a gross overpayment will get the job done.
That's actually a really good parallel. :nod: You get a cookie.

320px-Choc-Chip-Cookie.jpg

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
He’s not available unless if you’re open to a package with him as the centerpiece for Pastrnak.

I would love for that deal to happen, that way Pasta wouldn't be on the B's anymore.
Then I woke up when the alarm went off.

I'd say a pretty far stretch even if there's a massive add.
Pasta is one of the best in the game right now.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

Debrusk better be going the other way. If CBJ need to replenish the cupboards, they can trade Jenner, Savard, Foligno etc. Not their 25 year old power forward that the league is short on. Mark Stone was a free agent, him signing an extension didn't raise his value, it was just required for a team to pull a trigger on the deal.

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
Leafs would have to be in on Anderson (or so i'd hope)

Kasperi Kapanen + 2nd
or
Andreas Johnsson + 2nd
or
Jeremy Bracco + Player + Pick
or
Josh Anderson + Zach Werenski for Mitch Marner +
or
Josh Anderson + David Savard for William Nylander +
not with dubas at helm. he'll be disinterested in anyone who is overly physical.

Reactions: TML1990

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He actually is, its guys like Lucic, Reaves, Polak etc that don't fit his philosophy.

What type of move did he do to even suggest that? Last summer he traded the only Leafs player that had some kind of grit for Kerfoot who's one of the softest player in the league.

Dubas doesn't like grit and physical play.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
What type of move did he do to even suggest that? Last summer he traded the only Leafs player that had some kind of grit for Kerfoot who's one of the softest player in the league.
Dubas doesn't like grit and physical play.

i don't think so, but who knows anyways...

He traded Kadri to get Barrie and wanted Kerfoot to fill the 3C spot, who btw is far from the softest player. maybe he doesn't throw hits but he doesn't shy away from contact. Josh Anderson has strong advanced stats and metrics which is what youre trying to imply what Dubas wants no? Why do you think he would just shy away because Anderson is a physical player? He traded for Muzzin didn't he? Like I said, if he could get Anderson he probably would. Its plugs like Lucic, Komarov, Polak etc that he stays away from because they don't provide much other than other than physicality

Reactions: JackFr

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Would Columbus do W.Nylander Vs Anderson straight up @Viqsi ?
That seems like an overpayment from an outsider perspective and I think it could actually make the Leafs a better team too. As a habs fan, I think I prefer facing them with Nylander rather then Anderson. But, for a team like Columbus, Nylander can probably become their top offensive winger to play alongside Dubois.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad