Player Discussion Josh Anderson - The Rene Bourque Edition

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
After Price, Weber, Gally, now we have Anderson and his putrid contract, can't wait for Danault and Armia to join the club.
Oh you just know that Danno contract will be frikken brutal. Can't lose the token Francophone on the team. Between all those players you mentioned plus Drouin that's alot of cap space for guys who can't score.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Anderson was so great in game 1 vs the Leafs. I didn't watch many games this year (watched every minute of playoffs so far) - so didn't have much to compare to, but when I saw him in game 1 I thought "wow - that's an all-time performance for a game". He was that good. His hits, his offense, his defense....everything was clicking. I was wow'ed.

And since then....he's sucked lol.

I think yesterday vs Vegas was probably his second best game of the playoffs. Not sure if he had many defensive errors - but from an effort and skating perspective, he had a lot of jump once again. It seems like he was injured, hopefully the rest last week did him good and he can do better again. He can be such a key difference maker for us in a matchup vs Vegas - I hope he bounces back and has a strong game 2.

He can still turn his bad playoffs around with a string of a few good games

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
The guy lucks out from broken plays. That's his game and those doesn't happen often in playoffs. Strong skater, but absolutely horrible hockey player. 5.5M is beyond laughable.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I liked the pep in his game, especially early on but for his salary he has to score...1 goal all the way back in the first game of the first series (11 games ago) is not acceptable.

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
Explained it already. They both had the potential to be so much more than they are but they both don't care enough to actually apply themselves consistently.

And sure, Bourque performed in the playoffs... but he also didn't perform in the regular season and his team usually didn't make it because of that! :laugh:

No iq just fast and dangerous in transition ... I mean he's big and fast that's about it ...

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Rene Bourque had one good offseason. Otherwise, he was one of the worst player to ever play for the Habs.

I hated him with a fervor and i feel the need to correct anyone who ever says something good about him, even all those years later.

This :nod:

34n6Y9S.jpg

Another typical disappearing act :dunno:
Remember: Bork was sent to Hamilton before Habs traded him to Anaheim :surrender

j4IKbLN.jpg

After leaving MTL, Bork only managed to score 22 more goals in 150+ games before retiring :facepalm:

(also never played in the playoffs again... that's not all on him, I guess, but funny how players are remembered as playoffs warriors while actually achieving so little)

FUN FACT:

Bork's best 3 seasons in CGY (58-50-40pts) are better than Anderson's best in CLB/NHL so far (47-30-29pts)

:toothless

Which begs the question:

Is Josh Anderson the 5.5mil/per version of Rene Bourque?

6 more years :scared:

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This :nod:

34n6Y9S.jpg

Another typical disappearing act :dunno:
Remember: Bork was sent to Hamilton before Habs traded him to Anaheim :surrender

j4IKbLN.jpg

After leaving MTL, Bork only managed to score 22 more goals in 150+ games before retiring :facepalm:

FUN FACT:

Bork's best 3 seasons in CGY (58-50-40pts) are better than Anderson's best in CLB/NHL so far (47-30-29pts)

:toothless

Which begs the question:

Is Josh Anderson the 5.5mil/per version of Rene Bourque?

(for 6 more years)

:scared:
No other GM in this league would give a player coming off 4 points with only one 40 point season a 7-year nearly $40M contract. The moment that contract was signed, Bergevin should have been fired lol

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Anderson is going through a slump and may be injured -- it happens.
A slump? No player should be able to get his contract and slump for 30+ games. 5 points in 32 games. 4 points in his last 22 playoff games while being a -11.

Especially because the only thing he brings is some hitting and speed.

If he's injured, he needs to tell someone and get the f*** out of the lineup cause he's worse than an AHL player.

Fact is - he's a 35 point "power" forward (I use that lightly) who is atrocious defensively.

In his last 100 NHL games - Josh Anderson has 32 points (20 goals) with a lovely -29 rating.

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
No other GM in this league would give a player coming off 4 points with only one 40 point season a 7-year nearly $40M contract. The moment that contract was signed, Bergevin should have been fired lol
Funny CBJ offered the exact same deal, and Anderson refused to sign reported by their beat writer Aaron Portzline - who also said there was a lineup of teams around the block looking to acquire Anderson (knowing full well his contract demands), but they didn’t have an equivalent age C to dangle like a Domi

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah, flip our only player scoring consistently to accommodate the awful hockey player that is Josh Anderson! Makes sense!

Both lines were lit up 5 on 5. Anderson looked best playing with Suzuki this season. Toffoli scores with everyone.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Both lines were lit up 5 on 5. Anderson looked best playing with Suzuki this season. Toffoli scores with everyone.
Anderson did look his best with Suzuki... but Drouin was also a part of that.

Anderson also is able to dominate easier when the games aren't as tight checking in the regular season. Once the playoffs start, he's invisible - his Corsi For% has went down each year in the playoffs. The games get tighter and he doesn't know how to adapt.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Funny CBJ offered the exact same deal, and Anderson refused to sign reported by their beat writer Aaron Portzline - who also said there was a lineup of teams around the block looking to acquire Anderson (knowing full well his contract demands), but they didn’t have an equivalent age C to dangle like a Domi
Depends who you listen to or read articles by. There were other rumours that Anderson said 1 year or 8 years and Columbus didn't want to do either hence the trade.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Depends who you listen to or read articles by. There were other rumours that Anderson said 1 year or 8 years and Columbus didn't want to do either hence the trade.
Portzline confirmed that saying CBJ resented prior to the trade desperate to sign him & offered 8, not wanting to risk 1 and UFA

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Then again. Please come ahead and tell me of one player who saw his production drastically improve playing with Kotkaniemi.
Anderson's regular season production with Kotkaniemi and Drouin was comparable to Suzuki and Drouin earlier in the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad