Value of: Josh Anderson (CBJ) To Vancouver

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
We have no real interest in trading Josh Anderson.

Our primary need is a #2C, so we might reconsider if we can get that as a return. I don't think Gaudette is good enough to suffice (not at a projected less than 40 points), but maybe.

That's fair. Something to keep in mind though is that Adam Gaudette only plays 12min/game...an increase to 18-20min/game should enable him to produce more.

Gaudette is someone to keep an eye on next season if he gets more ice time.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
That's fair. Something to keep in mind though is that Adam Gaudette only plays 12min/game...an increase to 18-20min/game should enable him to produce more.

More than fair...problem is we need that now, not hoping for it next season...can't have another year of hoping he works out

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

That suggests we might want to reconvene talks in the offseason if we don't manage to get our #2C via other means.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The Jackets biggest need is a center. The D is deep. The young goalies are better than expected. There are lots of decent wings. The 2nd biggest need is probably also a center.

Other than a center (or 2), the Jackets biggest need is serious prospects. The Jackets don’t have many. And because of the lack of prospects and picks, and an unwillingness to further mortgage the future, the CBJ can’t do much at the trade deadline this year. This is how Vancouver might be able to come up with a package for Anderson. But you’ll have to start the offer with Podkolzin. And add.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
The Jackets biggest need is a center. The D is deep. The young goalies are better than expected. There are lots of decent wings. The 2nd biggest need is probably also a center.

Other than a center (or 2), the Jackets biggest need is serious prospects. The Jackets don’t have many. And because of the lack of prospects and picks, and an unwillingness to further mortgage the future, the CBJ can’t do much at the trade deadline this year. This is how Vancouver might be able to come up with a package for Anderson. But you’ll have to start the offer with Podkolzin. And add.

Podkolzin is a top prospect that was drafted 10th overall last year. In most cases team don't trade top prospects/ 1st round pick around 10th overall for 20 G 40 P range players.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
CBJ fans have said in every thread that Josh Anderson isnt being trade so why do other fan bases keep making these threads ? For the trolls or do they just like being told no

ya know columbus fans arent actually the gm..its ok to have a little fun and throw out proposals. relax dude

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Podkolzin is a top prospect that was drafted 10th overall last year. In most cases team don't trade top prospects/ 1st round pick around 10th overall for 20 G 40 P range players.

And Josh Anderson is a power forward with a low cap hit who is not a player the Jackets want to trade. If you want him, you are going to have to wow Jarmo with a proposal. Which means either a center (and Vancouver certainly isn’t going to offer Horvat or Pettersson) or a top prospect.

You should also keep in mind that this is like the 17th Josh Anderson trade thread started in the last few months, so there appears to be a pretty high demand for him. And that drives up the price.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Offer Madden, if you really want Anderson. I wouldn't, but ....Jarmo might bite on that

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
And Josh Anderson is a power forward with a low cap hit who is not a player the Jackets want to trade. If you want him, you are going to have to wow Jarmo with a proposal. Which means either a center (and Vancouver certainly isn’t going to offer Horvat or Pettersson) or a top prospect.

You should also keep in mind that this is like the 17th Josh Anderson trade thread started in the last few months, so there appears to be a pretty high demand for him. And that drives up the price.

Podkolzin has hugh upside and is not the player Benning wants to trade, if you want more prospects in your system, you are going to have to wow Benning.

Yes they are thread about Josh Anderson, but please don't exaggerate they are not 17th thread. Also real life and hockeysfuture are not the same. We don't know how many teams want Josh Anderson.

If you want Podkolzin + more, it will start with Josh Anderson + a whole lot more

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
If you want Podkolzin + more, it will start with Josh Anderson + a whole lot more

The question is what would it take to get Anderson to Vancouver. Not the other way around. The question was also not what is fair value for Josh Anderson. The Jackets have indicated that Anderson is core. The Jackets have very specific needs. I have no interest in Podkolzin per se, I just reviewed the assets Vancouver has, and identified what they would probably need to offer. I understand that it is very likely more than Vancouver is willing to give up.

Reactions: Fro

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
CBJ fans have said in every thread that Josh Anderson isnt being trade so why do other fan bases keep making these threads ? For the trolls or do they just like being told no

Have you every consider that not all fans of say Vancouver in this case goes to a thread that has Edmonton and CBJ ?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Wot. I like Gaudette, but he's in over his head at 3C this season. He has moments of offensive brilliance but his defensive game is a real work in progress.

I've never felt that defense has ever been the main part of his game, unlike Horvat. Looking at his skill set, skating and offensive abilities, I feel he would be better as a 2c rather than a 3c, which in my dinosaur brained way of thinking is still a shut down role (especially playing with Roussel, Eriksson, Sutter, Ferland and/or Virtanen).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yes they are thread about Josh Anderson, but please don't exaggerate they are not 17th thread.
It's not an exaggeration in the slightest. I'd counted something in the neighborhood of 12 or 13 or so, from roughly mid-October to the end of December, and we've had quite a few more in the subsequent month and a half.

* * *​
Have you every consider that not all fans of say Vancouver in this case goes to a thread that has Edmonton and CBJ ?
There've been plenty of fanbase-neutral other-team-neutral "Value of: Josh Anderson" threads in the last few months.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You should also keep in mind that this is like the 17th Josh Anderson trade thread started in the last few months,
Yes they are thread about Josh Anderson, but please don't exaggerate they are not 17th thread.

I am here to announce that @koteka is incorrect and @Canucks1096 is correct - this is not the 17th Josh Anderson thread in the last few months.

It's the 21st.
  1. Proposal: - Nylander,Johnsson,Robertson,Bracco to CBJ (borderline, since Andy is a throw-in rather than the centerpiece)
  2. Proposal: - Montreal & Columbus
  3. Value of: - Toronto Maple Leafs are too soft - need a Tom Wilson/Josh Anderson/Patric Hornqvist type player
  4. Value of: - Josh Anderson to BOS
  5. Value of: - Josh Anderson - Columbus
  6. Value of: - Bruins RW need
  7. Proposal: - Tor & Cbj
  8. Speculation: - Josh Anderson is on pace for 10 points, time for a change of scenery?
  9. Proposal: - CGY/DET or CGY/CBJ
  10. Proposal: - EDM - CBJ
  11. Proposal: - Leafs-Jackets (not in the OP, but the thread got hijacked by Andy talk shortly thereafter)
  12. Proposal: - CBJ - TOR (ditto above re: hijacked by Andy talk)
  13. Proposal: - J. Anderson for Jankowski
  14. Proposal: - Nick Foligno and Josh Anderson to the Sabres
  15. Proposal: - Columbus - Rangers
  16. Speculation: - CBJ Asks from EDM for Josh Anderson...
  17. Value of: - Josh Anderson
  18. Proposal: - Sam Bennett for Josh Anderson
  19. Proposal: - Habs & Columbus
  20. Proposal: - Mtl/Clb
  21. ...and this thread.
In case it wasn't obvious, this has been going on for a while.
Also, I compiled this list by looking through threads I've participated in, so I may have missed one or two.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I think Gaudette and small add will get it done.

However that would leave Canucks centre depth in the hands of the often injured Brandon Sutter.

I think a healthy Josh Andersson is exactly what the Canucks are looking...them and like 10 other teams in a playoff chase

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle

Wait what? I like Anderson and all but he isn't worth anything near a top 10 pick from eight months ago

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
I'm not familiar with how much value Anderson holds but could a possible deal be done involving Boeser, Stetcher, Weresnki, Anderson and picks to balance things out? Werenski is the only player I could realistically see trading for Boeser. With that being said, not looking to see Boeser move, just looking for discussion.

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
Yeah he is. If all goes wel, Podkolzin will develop into what Anderson is now.
I don't know, I think I would disagree. Could Anderson have fetched a top 10 pick prior to the draft? I seriously don't know lol, genuinely asking your opinion.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Anderson is one of Horvat's best friends

Could see them recreating a line from the old London Knights day that made the memorial.

Him and Horvat now would be an insanely HEAVY 2nd line for the canucks and tough for some teams to handle./

each 6 feet plus, 220 ibs plus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad