Value of: Josh Anderson (CBJ) To Vancouver

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
What would it take to get it done? He’s having a down year so CBJ might want a player with more win now value for their playoffs this year. He has a good relationship with Horvat (was the best man at Horvats wedding)

asking because Vancouver is rumoured to be in on Wayne Simmonds and apparently Patty Marleau?? Is this 2010? Jimbo clearly wants a power forward

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We have no real interest in trading Josh Anderson.

Our primary need is a #2C, so we might reconsider if we can get that as a return. I don't think Gaudette is good enough to suffice (not at a projected less than 40 points), but maybe.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
What would it take to get it done? He’s having a down year so CBJ might want a player with more win now value for their playoffs this year. He has a good relationship with Horvat (was the best man at Horvats wedding)

asking because Vancouver is rumoured to be in on Wayne Simmonds and apparently Patty Marleau?? Is this 2010? Jimbo clearly wants a power forward
that is a good reason to make a trade because someone was a best man in a wedding awesome,what is the Bachelor.........Is Anderson hurt,I understand he has had shoulder problems which might contribute is terrible season.....

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
CBJ fans have said in every thread that Josh Anderson isnt being trade so why do other fan bases keep making these threads ? For the trolls or do they just like being told no

Reactions: Fro

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Its like Virtanen a year or two ago, way more value to the organization that what teams will offer for a trade

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
that is a good reason to make a trade because someone was a best man in a wedding awesome,what is the Bachelor.........Is Anderson hurt,I understand he has had shoulder problems which might contribute is terrible season.....

Hurt last year during the playoffs. Didn't very fully healed before the season so started the year hurt. Played hurt. Then hit the IR.

It's the reason so many jacket fans value him higher than his current stats.

We're in position for the playoffs with a struggling offense. Andy helps that ideally when he returns. He's, dare I say it, an own rental at this point.

The only reason to trade him is for a 2C (yes, the CBJ add) or if they really think he won't sign (RFA with arb rights, these are Portzline rumors).

Reactions: Dumais

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
CBJ fans have said in every thread that Josh Anderson isnt being trade so why do other fan bases keep making these threads ? For the trolls or do they just like being told no

A couple of reasons. First off CBJ fans don't decide on who gets traded or not. Secondly, no official trades have ever been made on these boards. We are here for discussion. Not sure why you get upset over having a discussion on a hockey forum.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
A couple of reasons. First off CBJ fans don't decide on who gets traded or not. Secondly, no official trades have ever been made on these boards. We are here for discussion. Not sure why you get upset over having a discussion on a hockey forum.
We are here for discussion, but we can’t say no because we don’t decide who gets traded. Got it..

Reactions: Dumais and Viqsi

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
We are here for discussion, but we can’t say no because we don’t decide who gets traded. Got it..

That is not what I said. The poster asked why we keep making threads when CBJ fans have already said Anderson is not getting traded. I answered his question. I even did it without calling people trolls or declaring they like being told no. Your reply to me makes no sense. You are actually agreeing with what I said. Because it is for discussion. Telling someone to stop because we already said no is not about discussion. Quite the opposite.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019

Im not upset, every Josh Anderson thread always goes down the same where CBJ fans they would rather keep unless its a over payment and some will bring up the fact that hes has only 1 goal this year and not worth what CBJ fans want. And thats where the real fight begins just seems like a waste

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Im not upset, every Josh Anderson thread always goes down the same where CBJ fans they would rather keep unless its a over payment and some will bring up the fact that hes has only 1 goal this year and not worth what CBJ fans want. And thats where the real fight begins just seems like a waste

Oh I understand. You are no doubt annoyed at Anderson getting under cut in every trade proposal. I am not calling out your frustration. But we have to admit that this is common in almost every trade thread on these forums. Apologies if you felt I was attacking you. This is why I don't make trade threads. Not worth it as it always digresses into insults and pissing matches. Disparaging each others players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hitemwith4

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To be fair, the last one or two have been surprisingly civil - partly because those arguments get sardonically undercut before they can be made, partly because they've come up so damn often that most folks have seen our responses by now. ;)

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

From another thread:

Yes, there is a weekly thread on Josh Anderson. It usually starts out with what do the Blue Jackets want for him? Columbus fans say no thank you. Then people chime in with his 1 goal season.

A. Anderson has been injured most of the season
B. He is one season removed from a 27 goal season
C. Anderson is a big, fast power forward built for the playoffs
D. He is a cost controlled pending RFA

If he recovers and joins the lineup for the playoff run, it's like adding a valuable player at no cost. Due to this, unless someone offers something that improves the Blue Jackets immediately and for the future and at a position of need (hint, hint, top 6 C) there is no reason to trade him. I can't imagine any GM is going to offer this but there is no other incentive to trade him this season.

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Let me guess, CLB fans:

Anderson

vs

Horvat + Boeser + Van 1st (unprotected)

Would it be enough? I doubt it...

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
So now that a few insiders (McKenzie and Lebrun) have said the Jackets may be interested in moving Anderson, I think a legitimate target could be Max Domi. He's not a #1C, but he is solid enough to be a #2C . He needs a new deal next year and younger. I think JA would need to sign an extension prior to being traded for the Habs to inquire further.

Reactions: lilfedor

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

Agree with everything except one user did predict Domi for Galchenyuk

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So now that a few insiders (McKenzie and Lebrun) have said the Jackets may be interested in moving Anderson, I think a legitimate target could be Max Domi. He's not a #1C, but he is solid enough to be a #2C . He needs a new deal next year and younger. I think JA would need to sign an extension prior to being traded for the Habs to inquire further.
It's more that they also want a 1st added, and we're holding on to our picks.

Reactions: Dumais

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Ferland back in few weeks what's with the Anderson and Simmonds talk boys?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We have no real interest in trading Josh Anderson.

Our primary need is a #2C, so we might reconsider if we can get that as a return. I don't think Gaudette is good enough to suffice (not at a projected less than 40 points), but maybe.

Gaudette is better then his point totals show, he's a very talented center. I feel he should already be playing 2C, but who do we sit? Horvat? Pettersson? Miller is a center too.

However if he's the main ask for Anderson, I don't even blink. Guy will be a stud, and someone will look back at all these Anderson threads and laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad