Confirmed with Link: Josefson re-signed (2 years, $800k AAV)

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
while we are tossing around names, if jake could give us a career of sergei brylin type production i'd be perfectly okay with that.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I agree with this. Not sure that JJ is exactly Madden / Pandolfo lee kind of player, but I would like to see him get more PK time. Of the seven forwards who've gotten material PK time, JJ has by far the least - almost 30 seconds less per game than Cammy. I'd like to see him take time from Gio, Elias, maybe even Henrique. I think it would benefit everyone involved - keep the other guys fresher for EV / PP time while also getting JJ more involved in the game. This seems like the simplest change Deboer could make.

And for the little amount of time he has had on the pk over this year and last, he has a couple shorties. Which of coarse is the entirety of his goal scoring over that time.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
right now Josefson has probably got the best legs of all of NJ's forwards, probably of the entire team - he's the fastest, most mobile, fluid and strongest skater. Tell me who's close? Henrique is close but Josefson has more pure speed; starts and stops and cuts faster than Adam does. I'll stop there.

Last time I looked skating was still the name of the game.

This is not Pandolfo or Madden, essential as those guys were.

Cam's also a very good skater, Madden was too.

But he's no worse then top 3 on the current squad. Cam, Brunner and JJ.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
As much as Zajac is in the doghouse right now, I have to say I like having three centers who have no question marks defensively and are excellent on the PK.

It's not the first time we've had that, but it is still not the norm around the league.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Zajac never seems to get enough credit for his skating. I think he's easily the strongest guy on his skates after Jagr. Everything about his skating is so deceptive, and if I had to guess why I'd say it's because there's little to no flash in his game.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Zajac never seems to get enough credit for his skating. I think he's easily the strongest guy on his skates after Jagr. Everything about his skating is so deceptive, and if I had to guess why I'd say it's because there's little to no flash in his game.

I wish he would use it more to advantage because he has always been one of the harder guys on this team to take down or knock off the puck

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
My go to PK pairings would be:

Zajac - Cammy
Henrique - Josefson

Sprinkle in Elias, Zubrus and Gionta (bleh).

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I wish he would use it more to advantage because he has always been one of the harder guys on this team to take down or knock off the puck

Yeah's, he a total monster on the boards, likely why the Snooze line worked so well. He might not have the hands to hold on to the puck skating through traffic in open ice, but lord knows no one's knocking him down.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
My go to PK pairings would be:

Zajac - Cammy
Henrique - Josefson

Sprinkle in Elias, Zubrus and Gionta (bleh).

I'd like to see Deboer take Elias out of the rotation and go with three pairs. The Devils need Patrik's offense more than his defense, and the PK is hard work. Let him save up strength.

It was great to see JJ's quote about the PK squad on TG's blog today. It seems like he's taking some ownership of / feeling like an integral part of the PK. I think the PK is JJ's biggest immediate opportunity to shine, and I hope he runs with it.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Josefson was never advertised as a big offensive guy anyways. With that said he has been getting chances lately that sooner or later he'll begin to get some. Regardless of a lack of offense he still finds a way to be effective which is good. He isn't a 'black hole' forward.

GhostofKenKlee

Henrique is an amazing PK threat.

Henrique Elias

Zajac Camms.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Only 7 minutes of es time last night, and Too Too was his winger for most of that. I know he's not an offensive dynamo, but it is not easy to put up points in those conditions.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Only 7 minutes of es time last night, and Too Too was his winger for most of that. I know he's not an offensive dynamo, but it is not easy to put up points in those conditions.

Which is why I'd like to see JJ take Elias' spot on the PK. Let's let him focus on what he's doing well and build confidence / offense from that. I think he could pot 3-5 shorties a year playing alongside Henrique.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
While he may not be scoring he's creating chances. He's easily our best skater and is very quick on the puck and makes really nice quick turns with it down low

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Is JJ playing well? I think he is, but do we all agree on that? Cause for some reason he got the least amount of ES minutes amongst fwds last night? Only one fwd played less overall.

I think he should be playing more. But I wonder if people agree with Deboer's use of him thus far?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad