Confirmed with Link: Josefson re-signed (2 years, $800k AAV)

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Not afraid to battle in the corners and has gotten noticeably shiftier in those situations. Extremely good skater and has run with his opportunity. He keeps playing like this and he WILL move up the lineup. Puck strength/awareness is much improved as well - no longer gets pasted once a game....

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Not afraid to battle in the corners and has gotten noticeably shiftier in those situations. Extremely good skater and has run with his opportunity. He keeps playing like this and he WILL move up the lineup. Puck strength/awareness is much improved as well - no longer gets pasted once a game....

I believe this was on what led to Ruutu's goal, he had some great work in the corner stopping/starting and changing directions before he got it back to the point

I had to do a double take. That play aside he's skating with so much more confidence.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I believe this was on what led to Ruutu's goal, he had some great work in the corner stopping/starting and changing directions before he got it back to the point

I had to do a double take. That play aside he's skating with so much more confidence.

Exactly what I was thinking about when I wrote that. His corner work is impressive. Very quick stop/goes. Hope he keeps it up....

MountainGoat

I don't recognize him at all, he looks like a completely different player.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Looks like Henrique is coming back soon. Wonder what they are going to do. Think they will keep the top 2 lines the same. Either move Josefson down or Ruutu down and Henrique to C or LW depending on who is down. Bernier or Ruutu probably get scratched but I've liked what they have brought. I would like to see Jacob stay on the 3rd line but I can see him being moved to the 4th line.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Looks like Henrique is coming back soon. Wonder what they are going to do. Think they will keep the top 2 lines the same. Either move Josefson down or Ruutu down and Henrique to C or LW depending on who is down. Bernier or Ruutu probably get scratched but I've liked what they have brought. I would like to see Jacob stay on the 3rd line but I can see him being moved to the 4th line.

Henrique was moved up to 2LW with Elias right before he was injured so possible he goes back to wing and Ruutu gets slotted down.

Either way JJ will stay in the line up centering one of the bottom lines.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Still not getting enough minutes for my liking. But baby steps.

I think both he and Ruutu should get some more minutes based on their play recently. They both (along with Cammalleri) bring some energy to the lineup. At least give them a shot at some more playing time. If they can't handle it you can always cut them back to what they're playing now.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
keep the top line and do whatever it takes to get elias going, assuming they want to have success this season

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Is he better off on a 3rd line, or on the 4th line?

Normally it's a no-brainer (playing with 3rd line players) but:

Cammy Zajac Jagr
Henrique Elias Havlat
Ryder Josefson Brunner ?
Ruutu Zubrus Gionta ?

I think that's how I roll if it was my choice. I'm not sure if they keep Ryder on line2 and move Henrique to line 3 - if so, does Ruutu move up and Bernier stay in the lineup? JJ at wing?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Josefson hasn't looked this good since his rookie season. You can tell he has the confidence to attempt some plays with the puck. His boxcars are still pretty sad though, I just hope he's done enough to avoid getting scratched when Henrique's back.

Camm - Zajac - Jagr
Henrique - Elias - HAvlat
Ruutu - Josefson - Ryder
Zubrus - Gionta - Brunner

I think that's nothing to sneeze at.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'd keep Ruutu with Josefson, preferably on the third line. When Henrique comes back I'd scratch Brunner for a couple games. He always seems to play well out of the gate. Maybe a couple games off will help him hit the reset button. Maybe something like this...

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Ruutu-Josefson-Ryder
Zubrus-Gionta-Bernier

I'd rather have Zubrus center the fourth line, but I've just accepted that Gionta will be there. It's not even worth getting upset about anymore. Zubrus and Bernier can grind it out and Gionta at least keeps the average speed of that line slightly above a glacial pace.

Or basically what HSF just said.:laugh:

DevilSlovenia

Jul 1, 2014
Cammy Zajac Jagr
Henrique Elias Havlat
Ruutu Josefson Ryder/Brunner
Bernier Gionta Tootoo

In my opinion Ruutu is too good for 4 line. I know Beenier as a LW isn't ideal but is better then Zubrus in that role. That means Clowe (until healthy), Zubrus, Ryder/Brunner are extras - thats espensive players in the stands. Trade Zubrus and Brunner or Ryder.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
Yayo plays great so far IMO. No way he should be going back.

And I want Henrique as a CENTER. He is a awesome center, why should he play LW? i dont get the point...it`s not like we have too many good centers to get them playing wing...

Cammy-Zajac-Jagr
Elias-Henrique-Ryder
Ruutu-Josefson-Havlat
Brunner-Gionta-Bernier

THIS!

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Two of the goals I have seen were directly related to him playing an aggressive forecheck, pinning in the corner and forcing a turnover. I didnt think he had it in him. He was pretty soft, and I wonder if hat was because he thought he would get hurt again.

I like how he has taken this opportunity and is making it hard to tak him out. Something we have been waiting for. Would like to see him stay in the lineup with Ruutu and someone else that can play.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Lots of love here, but frankly I'm not convinced he'll amount to anything but a marginal/steady 3rd liner.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Yeah, an 82-game consistent 3rd-line center is the high mark of my expectations for him at this point. I'd love for Josesfon's presence help push Henrique in the top-6 on a consistent basis, where I think his shot and hands are sorely needed.

I'd also love to see Josefson grow into a guy who can fill in on the second line when needed, but I think at this point we've seen enough to know that's an extreme long shot.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I'd like to see them groom him into a Madolfo type of player.

I agree with this. Not sure that JJ is exactly Madden / Pandolfo lee kind of player, but I would like to see him get more PK time. Of the seven forwards who've gotten material PK time, JJ has by far the least - almost 30 seconds less per game than Cammy. I'd like to see him take time from Gio, Elias, maybe even Henrique. I think it would benefit everyone involved - keep the other guys fresher for EV / PP time while also getting JJ more involved in the game. This seems like the simplest change Deboer could make.

Camille the Eel

right now Josefson has probably got the best legs of all of NJ's forwards, probably of the entire team - he's the fastest, most mobile, fluid and strongest skater. Tell me who's close? Henrique is close but Josefson has more pure speed; starts and stops and cuts faster than Adam does. I'll stop there.

Last time I looked skating was still the name of the game.

This is not Pandolfo or Madden, essential as those guys were.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
right now Josefson has probably got the best legs of all of NJ's forwards, probably of the entire team - he's the fastest, most mobile, fluid and strongest skater. Tell me who's close? Henrique is close but Josefson has more pure speed; starts and stops and cuts faster than Adam does. I'll stop there.

Last time I looked skating was still the name of the game.

This is not Pandolfo or Madden, essential as those guys were.

Jagr has stronger legs. Brunner is faster in open ice. Zidlicky cuts backward incredibly well. And that's just to start...

Josefson cuts along the wall better, and does have great cross over starts/stops, but it's a little crazy to call him the best legs on the team.

Also - Pandolfo and Madden were not about their skating. They were about sound positioning and good stick work, along with Madden being physically intimidating. Josefson could easily be a better Pandolfo, but is a completely different player from Madden.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Jagr has stronger legs. Brunner is faster in open ice. Zidlicky cuts backward incredibly well. And that's just to start...

Josefson cuts along the wall better, but it's a little crazy to call him the best legs on the team.

I don't know about that, Brunner may be faster with the puck but overall I think Josefson is speedier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad