Confirmed with Link: Josefson re-signed (2 years, $800k AAV)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I agree he should playing more, but how much more I'm not sure. Would he be as effective playing 14-15 minutes a night as he is 10-11 minutes?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
He's been phenomenal so far, and of course he's been unlucky. I really hope he can get on a small streak of points to justify his lineup spot to the coaching staff. He and Jagr are both tops on the team in possession and bottom in PDO. Jagr gets a pass from the staff for obvious reasons, but Josefson deserves the same.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Would like more playing time for him too, but baby steps I guess.

Last year he would of been the one benched when Hernique returned. He has earned enough trust to stay in the line up. Hopefully next step is more playing time. He is playing with decent wingers too, which should help his cause.

Sheros Beard Policy

'It's Noesen! It's Noesen!'
Nov 13, 2014
Glasgow
I've been trying to convince myself that Pete isn't completely bonkers, but really, what the dick is this all about now?? Josefsson should not sit darn it.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
I've been trying to convince myself that Pete isn't completely bonkers, but really, what the dick is this all about now?? Josefsson should not sit darn it.

I start to dislike Pete's decisions more and more...

I want this team to give the rookies and youngsters a chance, we need this :( And yayo was great so far...
so Bernier/Gionta playing but Josefson not? come on:shakehead:help:

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
What the **** is wrong with this coach. Josefson kills penalties, wins faceoffs, and is actually skilled and scored in a ****ing shootout when no one else has for an entire year. ****ing hell **** **** **** sucking *******

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
What the **** is wrong with this coach. Josefson kills penalties, wins faceoffs, and is actually skilled and scored in a ****ing shootout when no one else has for an entire year. ****ing hell **** **** **** sucking *******

Playing Bruner over jisefson is insane

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I don't get it. What is the reason for putting Josefsson in the press-box? Every time when he finally gets some time and can show progression, he's instantly being scratched? Personal vendetta from the coach or what am I missing?

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I don't get it. What is the reason for putting Josefsson in the press-box? Every time when he finally gets some time and can show progression, he's instantly being scratched? Personal vendetta from the coach or what am I missing?

Henrique came back from injury and he wanted him on a lower line at center. That's it. He wanted Brunner and Bernier to stay in. That's the real issue. Chalk it up to another example of inflexible to move guys out of their positions. JJ easily could have played wing with Henrique. I bet we see him back next game.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I generally like PDB. I think his one failing is playing guys to their prior resumes. So Ryder, Brunner get the chance versus Josefson. It's his weakness. He eventually changes. Zubie gets demoted eventually. Just hope JJ gets traded for the sake of his career.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Henrique came back from injury and he wanted him on a lower line at center. That's it. He wanted Brunner and Bernier to stay in. That's the real issue. Chalk it up to another example of inflexible to move guys out of their positions. JJ easily could have played wing with Henrique. I bet we see him back next game.

Josefson's had some small stints at wing with Deboer as coach and didn't really impress, and I wouldn't be surprised if that had a hand in Deboer's decision. And to be honest, I don't think it's off base to say he looks much better as a center.

With that mind, it's probably for the best he didn't have to play some extended time at wing while the team is in suck mode. It'd probably hurt his overall impression with the staff even more.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Josefson's had some small stints at wing with Deboer as coach and didn't really impress, and I wouldn't be surprised if that had a hand in Deboer's decision. And to be honest, I don't think it's off base to say he looks much better as a center.

With that mind, it's probably for the best he didn't have to play some extended time at wing while the team is in suck mode. It'd probably hurt his overall impression with the staff even more.

I guess I see things differently then most, and to be fair I have no distinct impression of how JJ played as a winger, but I don't think his play this year is all that different then last year. And similarly I don't know if his play at C is much better then his play at wing.

I do know that JJ was getting very limited minutes prior to the benching. Writing was on the wall that JJ was going to get squeezed, so I doubt position was really a factor.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So according to Pete it was only because Henrique wasn't ready to play wing on the 2nd line (and he will never sit Gio).

Still got the jump and his linemate scored a nice goal tonight. Him and Ruutu are building some nice chemistry. Need to keep them together for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad