Jori Lehtera

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think Read is a likely candidate to be traded, but we'll be lucky if any of the projected non-top 9 guys can pace for 25 points and also be significantly positive possession players the way Read did last year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think Read is a likely candidate to be traded, but we'll be lucky if any of the projected non-top 9 guys can pace for 25 points and also be significantly positive possession players the way Read did last year.

First 5 games: 5 goals
Last 58 games: 5 goals, 9 assists, 14 points

So which was the real Read last season?

We'll never see eye to eye on Read's 16-17 season :laugh:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I don't see a point in trading Read unless you think Leier is better, or you think Leier will get claimed off waivers. If you think either is true, then yeah go ahead and trade Read. If not, Read is still a useful player on our roster.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't see a point in trading Read unless you think Leier is better, or you think Leier will get claimed off waivers. If you think either is true, then yeah go ahead and trade Read. If not, Read is still a useful player on our roster.

I don't see either Read or Leier in the top 12.

Top 9: Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, Konecny, Lindblom, Weal, Filppula, Patrick
Bottom 4: Raffl, Lehtera, Weise, Laughton/Vecchione

Extra: Laughton/Vecchione, Read, Leier

The only scenario where I could see either Read or Leier in the lineup, aside from injuries, is if they use Lehtera at 4C and they don't want Laughton or Vecchione at W. In that scenario, I could see one of them sneaking in there as 4th line winger.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
My roster is different than yours. I don't think Vecchione is making it, and I think Read is still a better player than Weise. I also think Lehtera will be 4C. Also, I have Raffl in the top 9 over Filppula.

Weal - G - Jake
Raffl - Couturier - Simmonds
Lindblom - Patrick - Konecny
Filppula - Lehtera - Read

X: Laughton, Weise

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My roster is different than yours. I don't think Vecchione is making it, and I think Read is still a better player than Weise. I also think Lehtera will be 4C. Also, I have Raffl in the top 9 over Filppula.

Weal - G - Jake

Raffl getting as much ice time as Couturier and Simmonds is gross to me at this point.

I also don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell that Hakstol puts 2 rookies on a line with Konecny.

I got..

Weal - Giroux - Simmonds
Lindblom - Couturier - Voracek

As my top 6, with..

Filppula - Patrick - Konecny
Raffl - Laughton - Lehtera

As my bottom 6, with..

Leier, Weise healthy scratched and..

Vecchione sent to LHV and..

Read traded prior to opening night for bag of fun size Mr. Goodbars.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
That's the way I look at it.

He's really not going to be much worse than Schenn at even strength. And I like the 4th line better with Lehtera than Bellemare.

Hopefully he got in shape this summer and can be serviceable.

Hope you are right cause Bellemare in my opinion was a very good fourth liner. Lehtera does nothing for me at all. The blues wanted him gone after they realized he was not worth the coin they gave him. I for one did not want to see Schenn gone, but for two number one picks you will get no argument from me.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bellemare wasn't/isn't an NHL caliber player. I'm not a fan of Lehtera given he's pretty overpaid but he's an NHL caliber player. If the coaching staff uses him in a fourth line role primarily he should be able to help the team a little.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I don't think anyone gives up even futures for Read unless Hextall retains salary.
He is still a decent Pker and isn't very good offensively. he will likely be on the roster this coming season. If a team really wanted Read they would of traded for him by now IMO. Pretty much every team has their rosters set and wont be looking to add a salary like Read during training camp. How many teams have kids in the AHL that can bring what Read does for a fraction of the price. Unless he is bought out(not likely) he will be on the Flyers.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Weal - G - Jake

I'd be shocked if they protected Laughton just to let him sit on the bench..

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
As long as your name wasn't Bellemare or Vandevelde Hak loved shuffling around his bottom of the lineup anyway. Laughton probably along with a few players will find themselves shuffled in & out at times throughout the year.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Bellemare averages 11 points per 82 games the last three seasons.

Lehtera averages 38. That's better than Bellemare's career total in points (34).

They both aren't good defensively. Cherry on top, Bellemare now gets off the PK. Ignoring money, is this even up for debate? :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
As long as your name wasn't Bellemare or Vandevelde Hak loved shuffling around his bottom of the lineup anyway. Laughton probably along with a few players will find themselves shuffled in & out at times throughout the year.

I don't see how that effects Laughton, who will be 1C within a few weeks. ;)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Lehtera averages 38. That's better than Bellemare's career total in points (34).

They both aren't good defensively. Cherry on top, Bellemare now gets off the PK. Ignoring money, is this even up for debate? :laugh:

What about their intangibles? Has Lehtera ever won a game for a team with a fight a few minutes in like Bellemare did last year against Buffalo?

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

How can we ignore money when the players' salaries comes directly out of our bank accounts? Let the bad players pay the bad player tax.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think anyone gives up even futures for Read unless Hextall retains salary.

Why would Hextall care about retaining salary when Read would be replaced by a player making less than $1m?

If the Flyers retain 50% on Read and promote Leier then they would have an extra $1,005,912 in cap space.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That list has us 2nd lightest team again.

But it also has Manning/Sanheim in the lineup.

If it's Morin and Hagg it bumps up.

Also, is Simmonds really 183 and Laughton 176?

Those numbers have to be way off.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

Didn't he play with Tarasenko at times? Playing 15 minutes a game he really tore it up last year banging in a whopping 7 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad