Jordin Tootoo

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think tonights game is a perfect example of needing someone to go out there and spark the team a bit with a big hit or just a hard, physical forecheck or a fight. Good thing we've got Emmerton and Miller in the line up to kill all those penalties off. Definitely couldnt have used a spark at all...

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
What this team needs is what Tootoo provides. Lets not sit around and act like this Red Wings team is filled with heady, responsible players who hold themselves to high standards and are naturally composed. There are plenty of bland players in this lineup not filling any particular role while still making the same mistakes that a guy like Tootoo would make. The only difference is, he actually has a role, knows how to play it, and excels at it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think tonights game is a perfect example of needing someone to go out there and spark the team a bit with a big hit or just a hard, physical forecheck or a fight. Good thing we've got Emmerton and Miller in the line up to kill all those penalties off. Definitely couldnt have used a spark at all...

What we need are the two young guns they have sitting in the press box or Grand Rapids that combined make less than Tootoo.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

It doesn't matter what Emmerton does Tootoo doesn't play center so he's not going to replace him. If it was just Tootoo vs Samuelsson I wouldn't have a problem with a rotation of sorts but we have Tatar & Tatar would better serve our team.

Miller was fine from what I saw, the problem tonight was how poorly our 2nd line played, even our 3rd & 4th lines looked passable tonight. When we inevitable have to split up Datsyuk & Zetterberg we may see Tootoo get into he lineup on the 4th line. Until then I think we'll just see Tatar swapping in & out with Sammy.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Seems like half the team is invisible the past couple games. I'm all for bringing in Tootoo, Gus and Tatar and sit Franzen,Sammy and Bert

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
tootoo is more of a NHL player then cleary and sammy and emmerton combined

having a physical presence in your lineup isnt illegal in hockey, in fact, its mandatory if you want to win

holland is too concerned with his daughters weddings to get his head out of his ass to proeprly build a competitive hockey club and make tough decisions that in the long run are for the benefit of the organization

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
yeah I think tootoo is needed for fourth line and we got to split up datsyuk and zetterberg on principle.

Put weiss on third line just because will work best with the sorry state of players ability we have that will be playing.

Problem with tootoo is he is probably going to be easiest guy to get rid of so makes things even a little more messy unless just cut like eaves emmerton etc.. when can or need to among others.

Is just a mess all over cleary.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Tootoo doesn't do enough, unfortunately, and we don't have a 4th liner shortage on this team. If he played the PK it would be a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad