Confirmed with Link: Jordie Benn for a 6th

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
From Chevy's perspective, I love the trade; solid depth who can step in on either side in case of injury.

From Maurice's perspective, well let's face it, Heinola is getting a quick cup of coffee and then Benn is in for the home stretch and playoffs.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Complete waste of a pick... Benn does nothing for this team that couldn’t be done by Samberg or Heinola.
This was Chevy refusing to go home empty handed and taking whatever he could get at the end.
I get he was in on other players, and those deals didn’t happen, but he should have just took the loss and called it a day instead of jumping into the dumpster and fishing for a scrap.

Reactions: Skidooboy

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Complete waste of a pick... Benn does nothing for this team that couldn’t be done by Samberg or Heinola.
This was Chevy refusing to go home empty handed and taking whatever he could get at the end.
I get he was in on other players, and those deals didn’t happen, but he should have just took the loss and called it a day instead of jumping into the dumpster and fishing for a scrap.

Nothing wrong with depth, but I don't want them counting on him for a big role on the team. Heinola I agree with, but Samberg hasn't shown anything in the AHL yet that would indicate he's an upgrade at the NHL level over anyone just yet. Give him the full season in the minors and have him in the mix for next season. He's a type that Maurice loves so I'm sure he'll have a chance.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
On top of it being a waste of an asset... now there’s the Canucks Covid Curse to think about...
Was Benn infected?
Is he clear?
What’s the chances he brings it to our locker room?
This trade was not worth while in any way.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Nothing wrong with depth, but I don't want them counting on him for a big role on the team. Heinola I agree with, but Samberg hasn't shown anything in the AHL yet that would indicate he's an upgrade at the NHL level over anyone just yet. Give him the full season in the minors and have him in the mix for next season. He's a type that Maurice loves so I'm sure he'll have a chance.

BET HE'S IN OUR TOP 4 DAY 1.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
On top of it being a waste of an asset... now there’s the Canucks Covid Curse to think about...
Was Benn infected?
Is he clear?

Benn was actually never on the COVID list in this outbreak. He was at the start of the season, missed 6 games because of it.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Was Benn infected?
Is he clear?
He had it and recovered at beginning of the season - so basically no chance

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I assume Maurice will give him another look tomorrow.

Didn’t get off to the best start in a Jet uniform. I wonder what the record is getting scored against on a new team?

I didn’t think he brought anything to the game but perhaps I missed his moments.

I can see why Maurice may not want to play DeMelo with JoMo and play Poolman and Benn together.

Let’s hope he has a better next game as he hasn’t played since March 24. Too bad Maurice didn’t afford Heinola such luxury.

I am a Jets fans 1st and foremost so if Maurice is going to play him let’s hope Benn can be better than what my eyes saw last night.

If he played better than my eyes and had good underlying metrics last night I apologize in advance.

Reactions: MrBoJangelz71

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I assume Maurice will give him another look tomorrow.

Didn’t get off to the best start in a Jet uniform. I wonder what the record is getting scored against on a new team?

I didn’t think he brought anything to the game but perhaps I missed his moments.

I can see why Maurice may not want to play DeMelo with JoMo and play Poolman and Benn together.

Let’s hope he has a better next game as he hasn’t played since March 24. Too bad Maurice didn’t afford Heinola such luxury.

I am a Jets fans 1st and foremost so if Maurice is going to play him let’s hope Benn can be better than what my eyes saw last night.

If he played better than my eyes and had good underlying metrics last night I apologize in advance.
His numbers were not good last night

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
anger issues.
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yup, but where does the anger lay?

1. Chevy for acquiring a depth D?
2. Maurice for playing him?
3. Benn’s ability?
4. Stan sitting forBenn
5. Heinola sitting for Benn
6. Forbort and Benn playing and Heinola and Stan sitting?
7. The recent rise in gas prices at the pump?

All the above and then there is the history leading up so it appears to be a triggering event for many.

Reactions: Duke749 and blues10

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Yup, but where does the anger lay?

1. Chevy for acquiring a depth D?
2. Maurice for playing him?
3. Benn’s ability?
4. Stan sitting forBenn
5. Heinola sitting for Benn
6. Forbort and Benn playing and Heinola and Stan sitting?
7. The recent rise in gas prices at the pump?
All of the above.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad