Votes: 57 83.8%
  • James

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Saying nowhere near was over the top but they're definitely better teams imo. From what I remember the west had a lot of weak teams in the late 90s and there's more talent in the league in general now too. More than anything I just can't imagine those Sonics/Jazz teams beating a Spurs team with Duncan, Parker, Leonard and Ginobili. The Warriors even without Durant still had more talent. I definitely agree that none of the teams the Bulls beat were near as weak as Miami in '20.

In 6 championships the Bulls faced 10x top 3 teams, so this means almost every year they faced the best team in the east and then the best team in the west, so your whole supposition falls flat.

Lebron faced 3x top 3 teams in 4 championships.

In terms of dominance, Jordan finished best PPG+Points both season+playoffs in the same year, while also finishing defensive first team, 8 times, with 5 times in a row.

Lebron never did it once.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Jordan was incredible at what he did, but there is no world where he has the same versatility as Lebron. Jordan was a scorer and a guard because that's what he did best. He wasn't guarding 3s and 4s because he was too small to do so effectively, which is not an issue for Lebron. And while Jordan had good vision, Lebron is simply on a different plane.
You have a very limited way to see versatility. Mj could play PG and SF if he wanted to. He did play PG on occasion.

But all that ignores several facts, including that they are similar in terms of assists. One could even assume Lebron is advantaged for getting assists as he played with much better offensive players in an era where the paint is much more opened.

When it comes down to everything that has to do with scoring, Lebron pales in comparison to Jordan, in so many ways, it's not even funny.

The reason he didn't do the other positions is because it was simply much rarer in that era because of 1on1 and is where he had the most impact offensively, not because he couldn't defend. Ffs he had a ton of blocks against giants in the league, Ewing included.

He was so efficient he won DPOY at the SG position, which only a few have did.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
No, it's only a landslide because this board is mainly used by people who grew up in the 80/90s admiring Jordan. I like Jordan a lot better for that reason too but he's not the better player. Not only has LeBron accomplished more but he can dominate at any position.

Do you actually think Jordan doesn't have a massive ego?

It's about the same results as ESPN's most recent national poll. It's also similar to the polls done with players who played against/with both.

It's always somewhere between 75-85% for MJ.

You're gonna have to try harder than that.

Petsonally, I grew-up watching Gretzky and Lemieux and have no qualms saying McDavid is the best player I've ever seen and that's despite being born in Montreal where Lemieux was born, so I should have that added bias, but I don't.

It's funny how you claim a bias from others very quickly yet seem completely blind to your own.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
It's impressive how much you wrote, yet continually make small logical leaps that gloss over what is actually happening. You have a very reductive way viewing the sport, especially in the way you talk about "teammates points", it seems the only thing that matters to you is individual points. Anyone can score if they shoot a bunch, that's really not what makes a good player or team successful. Lebron's teammates were able to put up points because Lebron's impact is such that he is able to provide them better quality offensive opportunities. Because of his size and athleticism, but also because he processes the game at a much higher level than Jordan did.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
It's about the same results as ESPN's most recent national poll. It's also similar to the polls done with players who played against/with both.

It's always somewhere between 75-85% for MJ.

You're gonna have to try harder than that.

Petsonally, I grew-up watching Gretzky and Lemieux and have no qualms saying McDavid is the best player I've ever seen and that's despite being born in Montreal where Lemieux was born, so I should have that added bias, but I don't.

It's funny how you claim a bias from others very quickly yet seem completely blind to your own.
I grew up in the 80s and 90s so not sure what bias you're talking about. As for your 10x, 3x stuff, it doesn't matter because Jordan never beat a team as good as the Spurs or Warriors in the final. If you don't agree with that then I'm not wasting my time with you.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad