Rumor: Jordan Staal, Hurricanes are close on an extension

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Figured he’d retire given the significant head injuries.
lmao, this is the Jeff Skinner is one hit away from dying propaganda Canes fans heard forever but even more out of left field. Well, he didn't die and actually went on to sign a 72 million dollar contract, thankfully not from us. But Staal will be fine, anyone thinking he's at risk is probably concussed themselves.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I'm hoping for another one of the Canes' signature overpayments so I can keep laughing at them.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
lmao, this is the Jeff Skinner is one hit away from dying propaganda Canes fans heard forever but even more out of left field. Well, he didn't die and actually went on to sign a 72 million dollar contract, thankfully not from us. But Staal will be fine, anyone thinking he's at risk is probably concussed themselves.

Nah. Staal is way older and has a history. Skinner stuff was always mumbo jumbo.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Wikipedia didn’t have dilapidated shit box in their wording i remember the Hartford days fondly.

Does this mean that Kotkaniemi is Carolina’s 2C if Stacy is at 3LW or does Drury come in and trounce the competition and seize the 2C spot from all center competition.

Yes, he’s 2c. He played between Svechnikov and Necas in the preseason. He’s being given every chance to succeed.

I'm hoping for another one of the Canes' signature overpayments so I can keep laughing at them.
What on earth are you talking about? If anything, the canes get laughed at for NOT overpaying and letting their players leave as free agents or trading them as rfa’s.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yes, he’s 2c. He played between Svechnikov and Necas in the preseason. He’s being given every chance to succeed.

What on earth are you talking about? If anything, the canes get laughed at for NOT overpaying and letting their players leave as free agents or trading them as rfa’s.

To be fair, Bizz is a sharks fan so he knows a lot about massive overpayments

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Wait, I thought the narrative was that the Canes were cheap, thus they let guys like Lindholm, Hanifin, Faulk, Hamilton, Trocheck, TDA and Nino go, and it's why Aho got an offer-sheet in the first place.

Now you are telling me they have "signature overpayments"?

Man, it's hard to keep up around here.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Some reading for anybody who makes the mistake of taking @Bizz seriously:

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
would have been brilliant if Jordan could have joined Florida for one season just so all the Staal bros could have a season together. Eric has played with both Marc and Jordan but the latter two have never played together. But everyone is always obsessed with BROS so no big deal if this falls through.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
What seems to be the problem with Kotkaniemi?
He said he likes to be constantly skating in the center role versus the stop and go of a winger. Probably some cover for his lack of stop to start speed due to his irregular skating.

If just take it at face value and believe he is just uncomfortable at winger, he played behind 3 good centers last year. Also, not many players are comfortable in our system during the 1st year. He knows the system, is bookended by 2 good players, and will be given more ice time. Its his time to shine and I believe he’ll be worth the paycheck this season.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Some reading for anybody who makes the mistake of taking @Bizz seriously:

Lol. I’m glad we get under his skin so much.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Outside of Staal & Burns, both of whom are inherited contracts, who the **** are you even talking about? 1 year of Kotkaniemi which was literally just to pry him away using our excess cap space who's now signed to a pretty reasonable 2C/3C contract?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Outside of Staal & Burns, both of whom are inherited contracts, who the **** are you even talking about? 1 year of Kotkaniemi which was literally just to pry him away using our excess cap space who's now signed to a pretty reasonable 2C/3C contract?
dont bother, he is too busy being a troll to other organizations while he cries in his pillow because his team is a lot more frivolous with contracts.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Makes sense. He's still an effective 2-way center and will probably continue to be for a while. Feels like they'll also need someone to continue to fill that sort of Middle-6 Tweener Center role as they try to prod Kotkaniemi into actually being a Top-9 Center.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
What do Canes fans expect him to get on say a 2 year extension? 3-3.5m per year?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I absolutely love when outside posters talk so fervently about things they know absolutely nothing about and then double-down when called out.

I get that in general homers can homer, but Jesus Christ on an Anton, people...when things can be debunked by a simple search on hockeydb/EP or whatever just admit defeat and move on.

I haven't watched the Hurricanes. I don't know shit. At least I admit it.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Wait, I thought the narrative was that the Canes were cheap, thus they let guys like Lindholm, Hanifin, Faulk, Hamilton, Trocheck, TDA and Nino go, and it's why Aho got an offer-sheet in the first place.

Now you are telling me they have "signature overpayments"?

Man, it's hard to keep up around here.
Well, when you have people that either hate a team or are trolling (maybe both?), they start contradicting themselves after a while. I'd love to hear the mental gymnastic rationale to explain it though. Should be fun.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad