Confirmed with Link: Jordan Nolan re-signs with Kings, 3 years at 950k

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Nolan proves that when you play him, he is solid, but if he sits for awhile and comes in he sucks.

Also, can he start fighting again please? Clifford is doing all the dirty work and his face ain't looking so hot especially after that fight with Boll. Nolan should be taking on some of these guys.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Look at it this way, with Luc in charge we'll be having a Legends Night for you in 4 or 5 years.

Sorry, I think you all will agree My number belongs in the rafters!

You'll regret trading me FC. I'm going to bring back Islander Pride to the Island!
Now Chicken Wings for everyone!

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I was on Twitter about 2 hours ago wondering why Sekac and Smith-Pelley were trending...Then I go on and I see Leddy and Nolan trending and I'm like...OK, I'd do that deal. Then I was let down.

Damn you Deano... according to my trending list on Twitter, you could have had Leddy for Nolan!!!

:laugh:

Heh heh heh. :laugh:

It's a busy morning. I'm surprised that Nolan's contract is for 3 years, but here's to you, Jordan!

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Clifford might want a big raise. Andreoff is young and unproven.

Nolan fits the Kings mold, still young, and has 2 Cups. This also might be insurance if they can't re-sign Clifford. They can always groom Andreoff to take over for Cliffy if the Kings feel they can't afford him at over 1 million.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I've always liked Nolan, so I'm fine with the deal.

Never really understood the criticism of him. Not sure what people expect of the guy.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Also, can he start fighting again please? Clifford is doing all the dirty work and his face ain't looking so hot especially after that fight with Boll. Nolan should be taking on some of these guys.

I hope both of them don't fight at all. I cringe every time I see Clifford drop the gloves.

It's completely unnecessary, boring, damaging to the brain, and total waste of time.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Well, during the first cup run he played in all 20 games and was a force on the 4th line with Fraser-Richardson and later Fraser-Gagne.

He fought Chris Stewart, scored the GW goal, leveled Peter Harrold in the finals...he was a beast.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
8vrlft.jpg

He sucks and is a dirty player

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
He's been on his game lately, and shown flashes of real skill. Let's hope he can keep it up.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trollposo fits this place like a glove.

1297361782002_original.jpg

I would like to announce a trade

The New York Islanders are trading Trollposo to LA for Face Wash and his 1985 Yugo

Damn, I did not even know I was on the block. Thought I would fetch Reclamation Project and a few ADT rants at minimum.

:naughty:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It's only 200k more. And it kicks in in a couple seasons yeah?

He signed a two year deal in 2013. His new contract will start this fall.

Pretty good deal for a guy most thought was done. He's been awesome over the last ten games or so. He's a perfect fourth liner when he's on his game.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Not that I think the deal is bad or anything, but dont you guys find it odd that Dean is willing to sign Nolan now just because he has played well for a few games? He was benched for most of the season because of poor defensive plays, and now he gets an extension just because he scored a goal or two in a short span of time?

I trust Dean, but he did the same with Gaborik, by signing him to god knows how long of a term, just because he played well for 1/4 of a season and the playoffs.

Just sayin.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Not that I think the deal is bad or anything, but dont you guys find it odd that Dean is willing to sign Nolan now just because he has played well for a few games? He was benched for most of the season because of poor defensive plays, and now he gets an extension just because he scored a goal or two in a short span of time?

I trust Dean, but he did the same with Gaborik, by signing him to god knows how long of a term, just because he played well for 1/4 of a season and the playoffs.

Just sayin.

With Nolan he knows what he's getting. He's a depth guy. When the league min is 650K. Only 300K more for someone who's a vet that is a known team player. Have never seen him complain about sitting. Is a very good cap friendly deal.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I strongly doubt that's the case and I'm sure this has been in the works for a bit. Maybe there's something else behind the scenes--deal brewing, contract was a distraction, etc.--but we'll never know. Regardless, you don't give a 4th liner a 3 year deal on a whim.

Just sayin.

Situation isn't really comparable. DL traded for a guy in Gaborik who he had attempted to sign before. He knew at the time of the trade that he was trying to get something done, hence being allowed to speak to Gabby's agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad